Options

Probably illegal

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited January 1, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Probaly illegal in "Street & PJ", but I couldn't resist this combination of black and white and color.

754092437_VuxXV-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    It's a good thing you've got a disguise on, otherwise we'd find you. Not sure what we'd do once we did though. ne_nau.gif

I'm not a fan of selective colour, but I can understand the temptation with this image. But, with or without the bright yellow, I think you've not given enough attention to the conversion on the B&W in the rest of the image. It's muddled and grey.
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    It's a good thing you've got a disguise on, otherwise we'd find you. Not sure what we'd do once we did though. ne_nau.gif

I'm not a fan of selective colour, but I can understand the temptation with this image. But, with or without the bright yellow, I think you've not given enough attention to the conversion on the B&W in the rest of the image. It's muddled and grey.

You're right. When I bumped up the contrast to make the conversion sharper those blown-out white flowers started to look worse and worse.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited December 31, 2009
    OK, so I'll ask the classic question: what is it about the sunflowers that makes you want us to pay more attention to them than to the rest of the frame? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    thomasjmthomasjm Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Just the guy alone in the moving van is a fantastic capture. The composition and framing are one of the best street photography shots I have seen in a while. Thanks for sharing.