Options

Adobe Reader

ShayebrydShayebryd Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited July 24, 2011 in Finishing School
Have no idea where to post this question.....sorry....but hope someone might be able to answer what seems like a simple question.

I am trying to figure out how to save my spot on a Photography book I am reading in Adobe Reader 9. Is there a feature that allows this??

Thank you in advance!! :)
"My favorite thing is to go where I've never been!"

Comments

• Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Now that PDF is an open standard there are a few more options.

You might want to look at Foxit Reader (friend of mine recommended) http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

I have also heard good things about PDF-Xchange Viewer http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer

I have not used either of them personally so I can't comment on their use and functionality.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited January 2, 2010
    I don't have version 9, but in in the Windows version of 8, go to Edit->Preferences->Documents. In the Open Settings group, make sure the box labeled "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" is checked. I'm guessing version 9 has the same thing, or something similar.

HTH.
  • Options
    ShayebrydShayebryd Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    I don't have version 9, but in in the Windows version of 8, go to Edit->Preferences->Documents. In the Open Settings group, make sure the box labeled "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" is checked. I'm guessing version 9 has the same thing, or something similar.

HTH.

Thank you everyone......and yes this worked PERFECT!!!! Thank you!!!!
    "My favorite thing is to go where I've never been!"
  • Options
    AroundDWorldAroundDWorld Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2011
    I have the same problem, only when I select the setting to save the last viewed page it doesn't work.
    I tried updating Adobe Reader but I have the latest version.
    I am working on PC Windows7, not sure it that information is needed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Here's a screen shot of my setting.AR.jpg
  • Options
    PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2011
    Foxit Reader remembers the page you're on when you close a document. When you reopen the document, the reader returns to that page.

foxit.jpg
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited July 24, 2011
    I have the same problem, only when I select the setting to save the last viewed page it doesn't work.
    I tried updating Adobe Reader but I have the latest version.
    I am working on PC Windows7, not sure it that information is needed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Here's a screen shot of my setting.
    Strange--the setting looks correct. Did you restart your system after you updated? Adobe stuff usually requires that. The only other thing that occurs to me is that you are not using it as a stand-alone program. When Reader opens in a Web page, I don't think it can remember where you were the last time. Dunno. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AroundDWorldAroundDWorld Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2011
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........that is odd......and what's really weird is that it is only doing it on 1 certain book I am reading......I tried on other books and there is no problem......how very strange!

Thanks for your helps though. I guess it's something i can live with. Only 265 pages left to read and then I won't have to deal with it any longer. Haa haa!

ETA
    Oh and yes I did restart my computer after updating!!!
    Oh also I was not viewing it online.......The only program open was my Reader. :)
  • Options
    malchmalch Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2011
    Windoze users should check out SumatraPDF.

It's an ultra light-weight PDF reader. Open source, free, fast, with browser plugins and more. It supports Favorites and automatically remembers the last position for each document.

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/free-pdf-reader.html

I can't say enough good things about it; puts Adobe to shame!