Larger bulk uploading with IE?

tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
edited May 18, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Is there any way to increase the total file size (now 100 MB) for bulk uploading? With an 8 megapixel camera I have had to upload several times in order to upload event photos etc. This required a good bit of "BABYSITTING" the upload process. Thanks.
Thomas :D

TML Photography
tmlphoto.com

Comments

• Erik OlsenErik Olsen Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Is there any way to increase the total file size (now 100 MB) for bulk uploading? With an 8 megapixel camera I have had to upload several times in order to upload event photos etc. This required a good bit of "BABYSITTING" the upload process. Thanks.
    Hello...

You may want to try to open everal browsers and u/l your files... it will slow you down the with more browsers, but you may have 3 or 5 browsrers going with 100mb each, go to sleep... the next morning, vola...

Erik
    Thank you,

• tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2004
    Thanks
    Erik Olsen wrote:
    Hello...

You may want to try to open everal browsers and u/l your files... it will slow you down the with more browsers, but you may have 3 or 5 browsrers going with 100mb each, go to sleep... the next morning, vola...

Erik
    Thanks for that great tip. Why didn't I think of that :)
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 16, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Thanks for that great tip. Why didn't I think of that :)
    The Mac uploader is unlimited, by the way. We're working on an uploader like the one for Macs to do the same.
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2004
    Can't seem to run multiple java uploads on "firefox" on windows??
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2004
    I'm using Mozilla's older broswer, Firebird. And the only Smugmug uploader that works for me is the crudest option, called "Standard", at the bottom. I guess with the Mozilla browsers you have to separately load the Java plug-ins, and I've had trouble doing it the right way. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I'm using Mozilla's older broswer, Firebird. And the only Smugmug uploader that works for me is the crudest option, called "Standard", at the bottom. I guess with the Mozilla browsers you have to separately load the Java plug-ins, and I've had trouble doing it the right way. ne_nau.gif
    I had trouble with my pc at work, but it seemed to work fine at home