Weekly Discussion Thread: Best of 2009

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited January 12, 2010 in Weddings
How about we dig in our photo archives and share our Best of 2009 Photos?

I usually prepare an extra slide show and post it on my blog sometime between Christmas & New Years ... so, mine is still in the works ... :wink

How about you guys? Do you have anything you'd be willing to share? A slide show / or maybe a link to your favorite wedding from this year (blog or gallery)? :lust

>> Shhhhhhht. Wanna see the other weekly threads? Click HERE.

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    I like summing up my year too! Well the previous years was travel photos, but I guess since I been doing more weddings and engagements, it's been that. I'd love to post my fav. boudoir sessions, but I forget which ones I was allowed to post, so I will just leave it at that.

But here is the links for my fav sessions.
    Favorite wedding slideshow
    Favorite engagement Session slideshow
    Galleries of the videos and photographs!

I really need to upgrade my smugmug to pro to upload higher res. videos. Needs.. moneys..
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Nicely done Ted!

If I may ask ... how did you do it? (I haven't ever created a slide show with smugmug, been using other services ...)
    Did you create it with a specific program and then upload it as a movie to a gallery?

thumb.gif
    edited December 23, 2009
    I used proshow producer, the only reason why I keep my PC around.., fiddle and put it all together. Then render and encode and then upload the videos to a gallery onto smugmug.

iloveyou.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Well I'm not what I'd call a wedding photographer yet, so I don't have many shoots to pick a favorite from, but I'll post a single shot from one of the two weddings I did shoot this year for friends. :D

Eric and Liz:
    565836980_Qmxzn-L.jpg
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Um um um I have only one wedding under my belt too lol! I actually seconded (for free coz it's a Craigslist wedding and it's my first pfft!) in New Orleans yesterday. I'll post a whole thread for it so you guys could let me know what I can do to be better. I have another wedding to second with a different photographer at the end of January in Mission, TX.

This is actually two photos quickly snapped from the same place. Seconding is cool, but most of the time they're not looking at me when the principal was posing them, so I really like moments like these:

748466903_N2LqF-L.jpg

And I like this one coz she looks soooo chill:

748354806_GmFnt-L.jpg
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    I made a smugmug gallery for my Best of 2008 last year, so I just finished compiling a gallery for Best of 2009 (note: it will have personal and wedding photos from throughout the years highlights to remind me of all the cool stuff that happened this year...but a good vast majority of the photos in there will be wedding stuff). Currently uploading everything to my Best of 2009 gallery, will post a link here later... and then time allowing I'll probably create a fun animoto slideshow to show it all off later as well.
  • tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    I put a slight twist on it, I choose previously unseen photos (to the blog) that have risen to the top over the year. I'll update when I post.
  • AnimotoBeckyAnimotoBecky Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Post it when you do!
    Shima wrote:
    I made a smugmug gallery for my Best of 2008 last year, so I just finished compiling a gallery for Best of 2009 (note: it will have personal and wedding photos from throughout the years highlights to remind me of all the cool stuff that happened this year...but a good vast majority of the photos in there will be wedding stuff). Currently uploading everything to my Best of 2009 gallery, will post a link here later... and then time allowing I'll probably create a fun animoto slideshow to show it all off later as well.
    Animoto Pro now has $39 Trial Pricing:
    http://animoto.com/photography/upgrade
    Pro-Exclusive Styles are here:
    http://animoto.com/photography/elegance

edited December 29, 2009
    I think people need to stop slacking. 2009 is only around for a couple more days and THAT'S IT!!!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Well...let's see....I could post some stuff here...but.....there are many faves...so...go to my website and you'll see new stuff there both in the opening slide show and in the gallery section....mwink.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited December 31, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Well...let's see....I could post some stuff here...but.....there are many faves...so...go to my website and you'll see new stuff there both in the opening slide show and in the gallery section....mwink.gif

But I'm lazy and I'm not gonna bother doing all THAT! rolleyes1.gif Post some favorites here!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    coldclimb wrote:
    But I'm lazy and I'm not gonna bother doing all THAT! rolleyes1.gif Post some favorites here!

Dude..I'm far from lazy.....I'm just not one to toot my own horn...

445178620_LiAZg-XL.jpg

609747823_ZTxTq-XL.jpg

611846513_Q5HGG-XL.jpg

659224865_ahFdN-XL-1.jpg

660510786_egcNZ-XL-1.jpg

445892561_sGuQk-XL.jpg
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited December 31, 2009
    Don't think that's what coldclimb meant ... thumb.gif

What should I say ... awesome photos (didn't expect anything else)!!! iloveyou.gif

Thanks for sharing :D
    edited December 31, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Dude..I'm far from lazy.....I'm just not one to toot my own horn...

Heh, sorry, I meant that *I* am the lazy one. Thanks for posting, the shots are great! I think the collective shots from everyone are what makes threads like this great. :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    I know it's last minute, here are a couple of mine and a link to that gallery:

670864709_PCWta-M.jpg

734009968_tAuth-M.jpg

688691140_vkGon-M.jpg

688611669_hzqAc-M.jpg

681330503_TXmQ9-M.jpg

674238734_kYKrD-M.jpg

672148460_ZdKnj-M.jpg

http://kozelsky.smugmug.com/Weddings/Erin-Nick/9858249_fJzAo/1/672148460_ZdKnj
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
    edited December 31, 2009
    The pics are gooorgeous Kinkajou!!! Love the brides-maids pic, haha! Hilarious!
    edited December 31, 2009
    I love the brides maid photo too. But the one in the back, either she is up to something so devious that we can't see or she is tickling everyone... mwink.gif

some sweet 2009s!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Thanks guys! It was my first wedding... room for improvement of course, but I'm proud of them :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    Thank you for this thread - I'm starting a blog for the new year, and this thread inspired me to start it off with my favorite 50 photos from 2009. clap.gif I'm doing them by category, and haven't gotten to my favorite wedding photos there yet, so I'll post them here. They're from the 2 weddings I second shot for this fall. Hopefully more in 2010!!! :photo

753927742_pFefi-L-1.jpg

753927978_SPy5s-M-1.jpg

753927157_jEAqb-L-1.jpg

688638226_bL7iL-L-2.jpg

753941254_tRXGh-M-1.jpg

682548640_jNg3X-M.jpg

690858450_gvtR3-M.jpg
  • MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote:
    Thanks guys! It was my first wedding... room for improvement of course, but I'm proud of them :)
    You should be - they're lovely!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Got this done.... finally. :D Now on to 2010!!! (C & C welcome, though I doubt I'll change anything at this point!)

Edited to explain that it is my Best of 2009 Slideshow! It does take a second to load.
  • CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Got this done.... finally. :D Now on to 2010!!! (C & C welcome, though I doubt I'll change anything at this point!)

Oh, Heather. FANTASTIC. What else can one say? bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

What song was that?

~jb
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
    edited January 3, 2010
    CTUphoto wrote:
    Oh, Heather. FANTASTIC. What else can one say? bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

What song was that?

~jb

1234!
    edited January 3, 2010
    I totally agree. LOVED watching your show Sneaky Feather. And congrats to matching it SO well to the music wings.gif Just plain awesome photos! iloveyou.gif
  • CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    1234!

Was yours like an extended version of the song? I found it on iTunes, but yours seemed way longer, and didn't hear yours repeat (at least I thought I didn't headscratch.gif). Good tune though. Have I told you lately that your work is fantastic?? rolleyes1.gif

~jb
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
    edited January 3, 2010
    CTUphoto wrote:
    Was yours like an extended version of the song? I found it on iTunes, but yours seemed way longer, and didn't hear yours repeat (at least I thought I didn't headscratch.gif). Good tune though. Have I told you lately that your work is fantastic?? rolleyes1.gif

~jb

Haha.. that is the heathersneakyfeather at work! It has some loops in there and doubles the length. Otherwise the photos go by so fast.... And I had a hard enough time narrowing it down to 250 from 30K+. I am not made for that kind of pain! Laughing.gif!
    edited January 3, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    I totally agree. LOVED watching your show Sneaky Feather. And congrats to matching it SO well to the music wings.gif Just plain awesome photos! iloveyou.gif
    Thanks Agnieszka! I just thought to myself... "where is Angies?" and went to your blog! Gorgeous stuff! You should post a link!

Narrowing it down to 1200, huh? Life is rough for you, I can tell. And they are ALL amazing! Very sneaky to do 2 photos on one slide. I'm gonna have to figure out how you do that and save some time!
    edited January 3, 2010
    Alrighty, getting together the very-very wedding favorites was a big struggle this year, haha.

Check out by Best Of-s on my blog. I posted a couple of different shows, depending on how much time you have rolleyes1.gif . You'll probably want to click on the SMALL version of the wedding show (though, I have to say, ... it's still long -> 360 pics).

iloveyou.gif
    edited January 3, 2010
    Thanks Agnieszka! I just thought to myself... "where is Angies?" and went to your blog! Gorgeous stuff! You should post a link!

Narrowing it down to 1200, huh? Life is rough for you, I can tell. And they are ALL amazing! Very sneaky to do 2 photos on one slide. I'm gonna have to figure out how you do that and save some time!

Haha. Well, I wanted to post an option for a smaller version on my blog, before people kill me on here. rolleyes1.gif

The 2 photos on a slide are actually "one picture" (put 2 photos onto one pic in photoshop). I don't think there is an other way to do it ne_nau.gif

Have to say, yours flows better. Still a bit annoyed I couldn't narrow them down even more, but I'm just really the worst when it comes to deleting photos + I figured it would be nice to see all of my couples .... so ... rolleyes1.gif
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Here is my best of 2009 gallery.
    Compiled from our 2009 weddings, yeah it's a lot of pictures, I am not good at critiqueing my own stuff so I like them all...does that make me a bad person lol..
    http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Weddings/Wedding-photos-sample-gallery/2492581_sUk9W#715754601_buSfb