Options

bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
edited January 3, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was just playing around in the freezer with my ice climbing "shoes". :wink Not really sure how to compose the shot. :dunno Any ideas? Maybe possible title of "Ice Climbing Withdrawls" or "Awaiting Ice Climbing Season". Ice is cheap, so retakes possible. This is just a quick shot of an idea. :D

755309587_TJKyZ-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    I like Awaiting Ice climbing season.

The vents in the freezer are distracting. I wonder if you could work with a cooler or a pile of ice in the garden.

Great idea and crisply composed.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    "Ice Skating -- you're doing it wrong." :D

Agree the cooler vents are distracting.
  • Options
    sscottysscotty Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    Personally, I would tackle this shot by moving in close and concentrating on some of the detail of the boot and the spikes. There are a lot of interesting things happening in the details of this photograph. . . the abstract image formed by the ice on the right side of the boot, the reflection on the center chrome strip, the ice structures, and the intense spikes. I say, move in close!

Scotty
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Great idea but I don't really like the shot. How about some dry ice? Something to tell the story about the severe ice conditions we're going to experience when we put these shoes on?

I've seen some of your ice climbing shots and would like to feel that that's where I'm going when slipping into these shoes.
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2010
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I would really love to get a shot out on the side of a mountain in the real ice, however, we've had some "warm" weather lately, and alot of the ice is out (not in), so I might not be able to get that. I'll try next weekend to get out and see what I can come up with.

I did reshoot some and came up with this image. I've been night ice climbing (by accident mwink.gif ), and thought this shot might be interesting.

Comments?

756922623_vfcRA-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2010
    For some of you that haven't got a clue what these boots are, here is a shot of me (I didn't take the picture :D ) leading the last pitch. We're about 500 feet up on the side of this ice wall. That's what I'll try to get this next weekend if we can go out.

474108385_o2n3z-L.jpg