Options

P-session- Andrea and Ruben

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited January 4, 2010 in Weddings
Promise ring session:D .
First time posting in Weddings (been lurkin for a bit)--it's not an official engagement or wedding, but I gotta start somewhere no?
He gave my sister the promise ring new year's eve--and tomorrow he gets deployed.
We were out at 10:00 a.m. this morning in Long Island City, Queens (NYC) in the bitter cold 15 degrees with the windchill--they had each other to keep warm--but I froze my butt off.

(yes I wish he had worn something a little more appropriate, but with him being deployed tomorrow, I'd have been glad to take the shots with him wearing a potato sack).

C&C appreciated and wanted.

755512868_nFRr8-XL.jpg

755522498_Dmm2Q-XL.jpg

755531796_3K2as-XL-1.jpg

755531180_b32Qc-XL.jpg

5.My lame Pat Furey attempt:D had to try it- sorta works, but I think I'll leave that to the masters.
755537921_jLi2N-XL.jpg

755543520_wKaHG-XL.jpg

755544412_3E7rJ-XL-1.jpg

755545543_NQkgV-XL-1.jpg

755541443_ndaTB-XL.jpg
755549853_Gzyjf-XL-1.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    Aww very nice series. The one that struck me the most were, 4, 7, 8, 9. Knowing that he is deploying, those images draw me in....wondering what their conversation must be about.

You did a very nice job.
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2010
    Aww very nice series. The one that struck me the most were, 4, 7, 8, 9. Knowing that he is deploying, those images draw me in....wondering what their conversation must be about.

You did a very nice job.

Thank you Julie:D ,
    They were doing quite a bit of whispering and talking. I was at one point trying to pose them, but wasn't comfortable with that, what worked for me was letting them be and following them with the camera.
    Usually I can pose my sister, but it felt awkward with him and he relaxed more when I said ok just do what you would normally do and I'll "document" it.

I'm glad you liked it.
    Thank you much for looking and commenting Julie. I appreciate it.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    How'd I miss this?!

I think my favorites are 1 (just for the "drama" sign - not sure about the expression on his face!), 4, 9 (cuz they're smiling!) and 10 (just a great New York shot)- they have a more initimate connected feel to them.

I really like the colour in this set - and now you have no excuse not to use it! rolleyes1.gif

I'm sure they'll both be so happy to have these! So glad you could take these for them, and good wishes to both of them thumb.gif
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    I like what you got. I know she will love having these pics while he is gone.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    She is going to love 8.
    I love the dark graininess of these shots.
    I think you have a very good natural eye and did a good job with these.
    If you put in the time and effort you could be a rock star at this.

Don't be shy about cropping your pictures to your vision, don't let the cameras native crop restrain you. Some of these could have used some crops to fine tune your subjects.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    divamum wrote:
    How'd I miss this?!

I think my favorites are 1 (just for the "drama" sign - not sure about the expression on his face!), 4, 9 (cuz they're smiling!) and 10 (just a great New York shot)- they have a more initimate connected feel to them.

I really like the colour in this set - and now you have no excuse not to use it! rolleyes1.gif

I'm sure they'll both be so happy to have these! So glad you could take these for them, and good wishes to both of them thumb.gif

Divamum,
    They were finishing breakfast in the car and I jumped out to scout the place a bit--I found that "Drama" sign and it was the first place I had them sit--I don't think they realized it was there--a bit of humor from the older sister, lol--I had a good laugh.

Thank you for looking and commenting--I must say I did enjoy the color shots :D

I wish them the best too. It felt good to take these shots for them.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    I like what you got. I know she will love having these pics while he is gone.

You are right about that, I know I would.
    Thanks for looking.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    zoomer wrote:
    She is going to love 8.
    I love the dark graininess of these shots.
    I think you have a very good natural eye and did a good job with these.
    If you put in the time and effort you could be a rock star at this.

Don't be shy about cropping your pictures to your vision, don't let the cameras native crop restrain you. Some of these could have used some crops to fine tune your subjects.

Zoomer,
    I appreciate your comments.
    You are right 8 was her favorite. I knew I had to get some shots like that, but my favorite are 6 and 10. The black and white grainy shots are my favorite and I think they work with an "urban" background.
    You better believe I will keep at this, I'm very new still, but I'm completely in love with photography and constantly learning. I plan on staying a while.

i will keep in mind what you said about cropping.

Thank you Zoomer.
    Liz A.
    _________