Options

Mac Daddy untrusted certificate issues

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited January 4, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Got a new Mac and downloaded MacDaddy as I used on the old one....when logging in...(don't know why I keep getting logged out) and keep gettting untrusted server certificate error and not able to log in. Sometimes I can but tonight I cant.. Have 100 pictures to upload. Can anyone help?
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 4, 2009
    If an installer uploader ever fails, be sure to try the Simple Uploader to check if that one fails as well. That will also allow you to upload until we can figure out what is wrong with your MacDaddy install.

Do you know what MacDaddy version you are using? You might try the latest Beta version: http://hacks.introversion.com.au/MacDaddy/

If the new Mac came installed with Snow Leopard that should help.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    mine just quit working today.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    holzphoto wrote:
    mine just quit working today.
    Get the latest version, here, and reinstall and try again?
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2009
    I have every version, even the beta. Anyone of them will quit at anytime and when trying to log back on will come up with the untrusted certificate issue, then for no apparent reason will let me log on after getting my BP up! I've installed and downloaded a hundred times. What gives? Still frustrated since the first post! And...why can't the pictures upload in file number order anymore? They are so random with macdaddy but can be done in simple uploader?
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    I have every version, even the beta. Anyone of them will quit at anytime and when trying to log back on will come up with the untrusted certificate issue, then for no apparent reason will let me log on after getting my BP up! I've installed and downloaded a hundred times. What gives? Still frustrated since the first post! And...why can't the pictures upload in file number order anymore? They are so random with macdaddy but can be done in simple uploader?
    Stay tuned, I asked for the developer to assist.
  • Options
    holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    it was the latest version, but for some reason it just started working...
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2009
    Ok so for a few days it was working. Left the program open and when I went to upload photos tonight, it says I am signed in but when I go to create new gallery it asks me to log in. I try to log in and it won't let me because of untrusted certificate again!!! urgh!!!! Any luck in finding an answer Andy? Is there another uploader that is user friendly like macdaddy?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 22, 2009
    Is your system clock set to the current date/time ? If date/time on your computer and our server vary greatly, it will produce this error.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    Any word on this issue? Clock date and time is fine. Simple uploader works but is frustrating.... I want my MacDaddy!!! Worked fine the other day...unable to log in today..... hugely frustrating! Can't they just get a new certificate or something? I am about ready to give up smugmug with busy season coming up... I can't have this happening all the time....... any help would be appreciated.....
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    I will ask Dev to take a look again and see if there are any other ideas. I am not aware of any others reporting the same problem today or recently. You might want to try the simple uploader until he has a chance to look.
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    rpellrpell Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 4, 2010
    i am having this problem - and it is frustrating the hell out of me
    i am having this problem - uploader just stopped working - untrusted server certificate its really frustrating
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    Do you have the latest version of the MacDaddy App installed?

http://cdn.smugmug.com/photos/mac/MacDaddy-3.0.4.510.dmg
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 4, 2010
    please try this version and let me know if it works for you.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos