Options

Back Alley 2 - C&C Welcome

SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
edited January 6, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Taking on-board the comments from Rutt, BD and Richard, I revisited my shots and came up with the following. Still no gang of thieves or ragged child but I did manage a cat !

756201136_N96pe-L.jpg
Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited January 4, 2010
    Very nice. I like this better than the first one you posted. thumb.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Taking on-board the comments from Rutt, BD and Richard, I revisited my shots and came up with the following. Still no gang of thieves or ragged child but I did manage a cat !

Much better for several reasons - First, the compressed view - we don't get lost in the alley; second, the angles formed by the clotheslines and sheets - very nice; third, the cat. (But next time I'd let the cat take about two more steps away from you and toward the clothes lines. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif )

Seriously - very nice. And congrats for going back. Keep going and the ragged kids may show up eventually. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    I like it. I always learn so much from others' postings and the C&C received.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback and the encouragement. I'm here to learn and, like Patti, think this forum is providing a great education.
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951