Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited July 30, 2009
    Good catch Jeff. Thanks for the link.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • AlbertZeroKAlbertZeroK Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    1. Corrects a phenomenon where captured images may tend to appear somewhat magenta depending on the shooting scene.If the background has little or no contrast (such as the sky or white walls), and the white balance (WB) setting of the camera is not AWB (Auto White Balance), images may tend to appear somewhat magenta.
    2. Fixes incorrect indications on the Arabic, Romanian, Spanish, and Ukrainian menu screens.
    Canon 50D and 2x T2i's // 2x 580ex II // FlexTT5's & MiniTT1's
    EFS 17-55 f/2.8 & 10-22 // Sigma 30mm f/1.4 & 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma Bigma OS // Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    Thanks Jeff! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Just out of curiosity...

If I skip this one, will the next firmware upgrade include this and still work? Or will I need to find and install this one to make the next one work?
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Toshido wrote:
    Just out of curiosity...

If I skip this one, will the next firmware upgrade include this and still work? Or will I need to find and install this one to make the next one work?
    From my experience, you can skip it. However, it's not recommended. We developers are known to include some "unofficial" changes we don't want anybody even know about while we have a chance to take care of the potential issues quietly... mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    You sneaky little devils :)
  • timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    1. Corrects a phenomenon where captured images may tend to appear somewhat magenta depending on the shooting scene.If the background has little or no contrast (such as the sky or white walls), and the white balance (WB) setting of the camera is not AWB (Auto White Balance), images may tend to appear somewhat magenta.
    Arg! I just spent most of the summer shooting with this problem, and thought it was something to do with the polarization filter. Grrr.....
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2010
    Just got a new 50d today. How do I do the update?
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited May 7, 2010
    Just got a new 50d today. How do I do the update?

Jeff provided the link in the first post of this thread.

First check your version to see if you need to update. Use the directions on that linked page and read step number (3-2) to check your current firmware version. If you are at less than version 1.0.7 then you may wish to update.

Make absolutely certain that your battery is completely charged before attempting to update the firmware. Then just follow all of the directions on the page "carefully. You may wish to print them out, just in case.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums