Options

Deer Flies

mplonskymplonsky Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited July 2, 2005 in Holy Macro
They may be pretty, but they hurt. The first one is full of blood, probably from one of my dogs ears. The images were taken of a live bug on a white building which was purposefully overexposed.

45540868.jpg

45499173.jpg

45540862.jpg
Happy shooting,
Mark
www.mplonsky.com/photo

Comments

• Options
    Jekyll & HydeJekyll & Hyde Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2005
    Let the Nightmares begin!
    J: Perhaps a little too much detail?

H: HeHe, just kidding. Love em. Way to "catch and release."
    J&H
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    You've just gotta love those eyes- excellent shots.

Brian V.
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    Now where you been hiding M8t mwink.gif . Always superb shots Mark, just love these stripped eyed flies. Excellent sharp details M8t. With the new Canon I take it ??

All the best waaaay up north mwink.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2005
    Gawwd Look At the Body
    mplonsky wrote:
    They may be pretty, but they hurt. The first one is full of blood, probably from one of my dogs ears. The images were taken of a live bug on a white building which was purposefully overexposed.
    Wow the gut on that thing full of blood, I bet they dang well hurt when they grab hold of you........ and those eyeeeeeeees, how colourful are they.
    I gotta keep my eyes open when I got to USA .......I won't know where to look, the trees, the sky, the ground, the hills, the mountains, the waters, the plants ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I'll be ...gawd which lens do I need now ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif

Great shots Mark........thanks for sharing........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2005
    I have a love-hate relationship with deer flies; I hate them, they love me. umph.gif Fantastic shots Mark, love the eye details! clap.gif

AJ
  • Options
    HauerHauer Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2005
    Hi Mark - As usual, amazing detail! Fantastic images!

Cheers - Herman
    My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

Nikon gear & some lenses.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2005
    i hate bugs
    wave.gif welcome to dgrin, mark. i've always admired your extreme macro stuff - so well done, and these are no exception.

i was in home depot today, buying, among other things, some wasp killer spray, when i got stung by a ... wasp, right there in the pesticide aisle.

thanks for sharing your stuff with us, looking forward to more!
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2005
    mplonsky, this is a really nice closeup. I wonder if the deerflies here are different, they dont look like this. The top view looks more elike a triangle and the wings more like a moth. And yes, they hurt alot when they bite, hehe. They like to swarm me when I go fishing *one reason why I do it just once a year*.
    andy wrote:
    i was in home depot today, buying, among other things, some wasp killer spray, when i got stung by a ... wasp, right there in the pesticide aisle.
    Perhaps this was the wasps preventive measure to prevent his cousins from getting killed? :0) At least you know none of the pesticide cans had a leak, hehe