Options

DSS 41 - Few More

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited January 7, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
1 - A bit more linear than the others
756597977_fqRSt-XL.jpg

2- Similar to another shot I posted but a bit more depth to the shot
756599493_fqs5v-XL.jpg

3 - I like this one a lot but the 1st pair of shoes in the foreground are a bit OOF. I shot it this way but I don't know if it works
756845673_NXiWv-L.jpg

4 - Portrait shot here. Kind of like it but do the gold shoes have blown details?
756844405_qUbud-XL.jpg

5 - Posted before but I removed the branding on the inside of the shoes... not sure I like it.
758013256_eiEdM-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    For me, I like 1 the best...but can you increase the depth? I think i'd like to see them all in focus. awesome shoes by the way!
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    I like #1 and #3. For #3, I might put the round toed shoes in the middle so that the pointy ones are pointing at each other on the top and bottom of the arc.

Nice!

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    Well it's tough to give opinions on these since I've liked every single take on this idea you've posted, including the kaleidoscopes. I think #1 and #3 of this set are my favorites, although I would like #3 better with a DOF adjustment to sharpen up the front pair of shoes.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    #1 and # 3 work for me.
    I will also say that I don't mind the labels, afterall with shoes like that, isn't it all about the labels? They look funny to me without them.

I also really like the comp on #3.

You've executed this idea beautifully.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    Thanks guys... As I mentioned in the caption, I really like #3. The composition really works for me. However, I think I will try to re-shoot this to get the first pair of shoes completely in focus. I purposely focused on the 2nd pair thinking that would work better but I don't think it does.

I have two more ideas that will try but so far I am liking this shot the most.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    They are really gorgeous! I think #3 is the best
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    #2 & #5 work with methumb.gif (how much money is sitting there?rolleyes1.gif )
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    I think you need to run to the zoo and take picture of an alligator so he's looking at the shoes. hehe. or maybe an iguana so it's not like the shoes are a threat. Those are some mighty fine shoes.
    Personally, I think looking at the heels of shoes is like looking at the backs of people heads, so I need to see the toe end and the labels inside are good too. and I likedthe kaleidoscopes of shoes.
    so your wife doesn't have like a whole array of boots or dazzling jeweled shoes? I want to see them all!!
    Anna
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2010
    #2 & #5 work with methumb.gif (how much money is sitting there?rolleyes1.gif )

I like both of those as well. I think I have an idea for two though. As far as money... I think average price of those shoes are $350-400 so you do the math because it gives me heartburn just thinking about it. But she works hard so she deserves them.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2010
    ASkip wrote:
    I think you need to run to the zoo and take picture of an alligator so he's looking at the shoes. hehe. or maybe an iguana so it's not like the shoes are a threat. Those are some mighty fine shoes.
    Personally, I think looking at the heels of shoes is like looking at the backs of people heads, so I need to see the toe end and the labels inside are good too. and I likedthe kaleidoscopes of shoes.
    so your wife doesn't have like a whole array of boots or dazzling jeweled shoes? I want to see them all!!
    Anna

I thought about something along those lines but I don't think I will have time to make a trip to the zoo or any where else to find a lizard or reptile. She does have boots but no jeweled shoes that I know of... she's not into them. We went to the Nordstroms on Saturday and she tried on some of those new platformed heels I've seen a lot of women wearing now. She didn't buy them but as we were leaving, I flipped over the shoe on display and almost passed out when I saw the price.... 900 big ones!!!!

My Smug Site
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    btw, I think the branding in the shoe will help in anycase. so leave the brandingdeal.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2010
    Couple more:

758918012_r7qmP-XL.jpg

758932018_BgA37-XL.jpg

My Smug Site
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    5 is gorgeous
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    ok, i've been meaning to comment for awhile and I'm glad I didn't cuz the first one out of these last 2 that you posted is excellent! Nice shoes on an old wood deck really stands out. But its the shadow that really makes the shot. Great job!
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2010
    Aspecto5 wrote:
    ok, i've been meaning to comment for awhile and I'm glad I didn't cuz the first one out of these last 2 that you posted is excellent! Nice shoes on an old wood deck really stands out. But its the shadow that really makes the shot. Great job!

Nelson,

Ha... I was thinking the first thing people were not going to like is the shadows... I would hear comments that they are distracting. I played around with the placement of the shoes on different parts of the deck until I got the shadow that I thought worked. I actually did another shot with no shadows and it just doesn't have the same impact. Seems really flat and you can't tell that they are heels.

Glad you like it. I do but I wasn't sure if it would translate.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    Nelson,

Ha... I was thinking the first thing people were not going to like is the shadows... I would hear comments that they are distracting. I played around with the placement of the shoes on different parts of the deck until I got the shadow that I thought worked. I actually did another shot with no shadows and it just doesn't have the same impact. Seems really flat and you can't tell that they are heels.

Glad you like it. I do but I wasn't sure if it would translate.

I've recently bought all my lighting equipment and have spent so much time trying to eliminate shadows that I sometimes forget that a shadow isn't always a bad thing. Your image would be a prime example of that. I would hope that it would translate the same way to everyone. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    illustration
    i like the ones where the shoes are forming interesting lines on the page. i'm thinking of this as a photo-illustration. so imagine drawing this on paper (you may even want to do that before you try another shot!).

what interesting designs can you come up with? so not so much the straight ones, unless you really play with selective focus, or place one shoe out of line, something to draw attention. one shoe out of line could even suggest a "lone wolf" or some such anthropomorphism.

cheers,
    mark;)