Options

advice in approcahing businesses

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited January 9, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I would like to approach a couple local businesses and set up an agreement with them to provide photographs of their services and clients.
The local business I have in mind at the moment is an indoor rock climbing gym. The gym seems to do a lot of school events, has a party room. Does team building events and so on.

My thought is that quality photographs could be as added to these special events as an added value sort if deal. In addition to that I could be there on an occasional, or on call, basis to simply shoot walk-ons or regulars.

My end of the deal would be making money from print sales and marketing through business cards at the gym and share of money for the booking.

Their end of the deal would be providing an additional service to the client, share of money from the bookings, and use of images for marketing.

I would like some of your input into whether or not you feel that this is a fair and mutually beneficial arrangement.
Also advice on how to approach a business for an agreement like this.

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    Here's my thoughts on this: Don't make it too complicated, keep it simple.

Sit down and explain how your photography can add value and enhance their customers experience, allowing them to remember the great time they had, and provide photos of the team building for corporate clients.

Basically i would promote how your photography will benefit them. I don't believe any money you could offer will be the determining factor.

Once they buy into the photography, you can, if you have to, talk about money, but keep it simple. If you make it a % of sales you could be in for a long term accounting nightmare.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Sam
  • Options
    ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Thank you for the thoughts and replies.