Options

email notification

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited January 9, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
hello,
I used to get updates via email to all the threads I posted during the day (the updates took place overnight). I no longer get these emails even though there has been activity on these threads. Is this no longer available?
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2010
    hello,
    I used to get updates via email to all the threads I posted during the day (the updates took place overnight). I no longer get these emails even though there has been activity on these threads. Is this no longer available?

I bet you looked last night when dgrin was having problems. I couldn't get anywhere on there last night.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited January 9, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    I bet you looked last night when dgrin was having problems. I couldn't get anywhere on there last night.

We have been experiencing email notification lags or outages from time to time and it is a known issue. Seems when it isn't working properly for some, it is functional for most others. I wish I knew a way of ensuring it to work for all, all of the time.

Here are some other threads that are also about notification problems.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited January 9, 2010
    I had that same problem some time ago. Until it is fixed, an easy workaround is to go to the Dgrin nav bar and click Quick Links->Subscribed Threads, which will show you which threads have unread posts. The subscriptions are still working, right?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    hello,
    It is working fine, but some providers reject us, put in spam, etc.

Who is your email provider?
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    It is working fine, but some providers reject us, put in spam, etc.

Who is your email provider?

Yahoo.
    I never had a problem before--but it is back to working so I'm happy.

Richard--I will do as you said for next time in case of another glitch.

Thanks all.
    Liz A.
    _________