Options

LR - wanting to batch-change capture time

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited January 11, 2010 in Finishing School
I know I've done this before, but for some reason, I can't get it to work now.

I've selected a group of photos that need the time changed by -1 hour. I've tried two things:
  • adjust to a specified date and time (changed the hour from 9 to 8)
  • shift by set # of hours (set to -1)
Either way, it only changes the initial photo and does nothing to the rest of the selected photos. What am I doing wrong?
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Elaine wrote:
    What am I doing wrong?
    That's weird! Are you absolutely certain all images remain selected as you make the change?
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2010
    That's weird! Are you absolutely certain all images remain selected as you make the change?

Figured it out! You need to be in grid view. I was in loupe view. Once I switched to grid, the option for "change all" came up in the Edit Capture Time window, which affected all selected photos, instead of just "change," which only affected the photo showing in loupe view. thumb.gif
    Elaine

• Options
    edited January 10, 2010
    Elaine wrote:
    Figured it out! You need to be in grid view.
    I wondered about that! I'm pleased you're sorted now. thumb.gif
  • Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Elaine wrote:
    Figured it out! You need to be in grid view. I was in loupe view. Once I switched to grid, the option for "change all" came up in the Edit Capture Time window, which affected all selected photos, instead of just "change," which only affected the photo showing in loupe view. thumb.gif

I make that mistake all the time... You can use Sync Medadata, but the grid view is the way to go.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2010
    LiquidAir wrote:
    I make that mistake all the time... You can use Sync Medadata, but the grid view is the way to go.

I tried to use Sync Metadata, but I didn't know what to sync. I couldn't find anything about syncing the time in the Metadata choices. How do you do it that way?
    Elaine

• Options
    edited January 10, 2010
    Elaine wrote:
    I tried to use Sync Metadata ... How do you do it that way?
    That may be the way to sync all times in the selected images to be the same, but not to adjust them all by the same time interval - I think!
  • Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Elaine wrote:
    I tried to use Sync Metadata, but I didn't know what to sync. I couldn't find anything about syncing the time in the Metadata choices. How do you do it that way?

Hmmm. I haven't actually tried changing the shooting time in LR. I usually set the location data in grid view but, when I forget and do it in loupe view, I use Sync Metadata copy it to the rest of my selection.