Options

Wireless E-bay flash trigger purchase

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited January 11, 2010 in Accessories
Finally found some cheap triggers receivers on E-bay that I liked. Had been thinking about the RD-616(?) triggers recommended by Art Scott for the longest time. What kept holding me back was the need for an adaptor to use my 430 EXII flash.

So stumbled on these interesting flash triggers on Ebay today and got permission to spend the $50 to get them.

A link to the seller and item...Triggers...

Couple things that I like about these, assuming they work as described...

-3 transmitters (plan on eventually running three flashes)
-hot shoe to trigger flash
-options to connect to studio lights
-two hot shoe mounts on each receiver (kinda gimmicky but what the heck)
-low profile mounting

I do not foresee being 4 channels as a drawback. Unlikely to be using these around other photographers, or at least not around a lot of other photogs.

Now I have something to look forward to in the mail. Will post a review when I get them. Looking forward to playing with off camera flash in near future.

Comments

• Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    Check the reviews, these are PT04 433 hertz, they seem to be good at close distances, but do miss at greater distances.

I vote as always rf602
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2010
    Well when I get them I will drag out the 100' tape and try them out.
  • Options
    JetblackJetblack Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2010
    Seymore wrote:
    Let me know your opinion. I'm also looking for a trigger set.
    x2

I have looked over a used set of Cybersync to run Nikon flashes but holding off for another source
  • Options
    BMW_StuBMW_Stu Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    i got these for about 30 bux, i havnt had a chance to try them out yet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180448603446
    :dunno:hotfood
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    BMW_Stu wrote:
    i got these for about 30 bux, i havnt had a chance to try them out yet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180448603446

That link takes me to an already over auction for a
    BOWERS 8MM Fisheye???????ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    Well the triggers have been mailed out today, now the wait for mail...

I bought these triggers from Ebay user named lilyrst. Couple good things so far and it just got shipped :)

First she sent an e-mail explaining the small delay in shipping, it was their new year's break, I'm okay with that.

She warned that bad weather in North America may delay the shipping as flights are being delayed or cancelled. She even sent a link to find out more information about cancelled links.

Feedback has been left already.

The Ebay feedback is one of the things I hate about Ebay. Most sellers are scared to leave negative feedback because a seller will leave negative feedback in response to feedback, not the actual transaction. I would love if Ebay required the seller to leave feedback before a purchaser could leave feedback. Anyways she left feedback as soon as payment was received. With the obvious delay for the new year's break.

Looking really forward to these toys. Even dug out my Dad's old SLR and looked at the flash from that. I think I will be stealing that old film SLR and it's very basic flash for use with the triggers...
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    Haha, ordered rf602 about week ago and they have arrived, will pick them tmorrow from post office... i win :D:D now lets see what happens when i put them up.. good luck for yours interesting stuff to use !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2010
    Haha, ordered rf602 about week ago and they have arrived, will pick them tmorrow from post office... i win :D:D now lets see what happens when i put them up.. good luck for yours interesting stuff to use !

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the new learning curve, I am looking forward to learning them when they arrive for me.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2010
    :lurk
  • Options
    Kevin KramerKevin Kramer Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    I just purchased these on New Years Eve for $41: http://cgi.ebay.com/CTR-301P-Wireless-Flash-Trigger-2-Receiver-w-PC-Sync_W0QQitemZ150365663990QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23027df2f6#ht_4004wt_1120

And I just got them today.. (not bad for shipping.. they went out last Monday from Hong Kong and I live in the Philly area)

I set them both up on my light stands, and had a chance to mess with them and I must say I'm very impressed. The only thing is you can't work in TTL, but that's fine as I usually work everything manual anyway. I'm hoping to have some test shots during the week.. (good ones, i was testing on my 21 month old daughter who is sick and wanted to watch TV instead of watching flashing lights..)

I'm happy to say though that I had them in one room, and they were able to work in another room which was about 30 feet away. They don't have the 1600 feet range as pocket wizards, but hey, they work!

Hopefully if I get enough time this weekend I can go more in depth along with test shots but from what I've seen so far, these are definitely a great alternative to off camera flash!

-kev
    Nikon D300s and Nikon D7000
    Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Tokina 11-16 2.8
    2 SB-900 and 2 SB-600's
    website | blog | facebook
  • Options
    jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010

I got my RF-602s in a few weeks ago. I have nothing but the highest compliments for them.
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    I just purchased these on New Years Eve for $41: http://cgi.ebay.com/CTR-301P-Wireless-Flash-Trigger-2-Receiver-w-PC-Sync_W0QQitemZ150365663990QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23027df2f6#ht_4004wt_1120

And I just got them today.. (not bad for shipping.. they went out last Monday from Hong Kong and I live in the Philly area)

I set them both up on my light stands, and had a chance to mess with them and I must say I'm very impressed. The only thing is you can't work in TTL, but that's fine as I usually work everything manual anyway. I'm hoping to have some test shots during the week.. (good ones, i was testing on my 21 month old daughter who is sick and wanted to watch TV instead of watching flashing lights..)

I'm happy to say though that I had them in one room, and they were able to work in another room which was about 30 feet away. They don't have the 1600 feet range as pocket wizards, but hey, they work!

Hopefully if I get enough time this weekend I can go more in depth along with test shots but from what I've seen so far, these are definitely a great alternative to off camera flash!

-kev

maybe i missed it but I did not see how many channels these have (I went to ebay site to look)....Are they RF or optical flash triggers??
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Kevin KramerKevin Kramer Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Art Scott wrote:
    maybe i missed it but I did not see how many channels these have (I went to ebay site to look)....Are they RF or optical flash triggers??
    Hey Art,

They're 4 channels and I believe IR. I'll have to look more into it and get back to you.
    Nikon D300s and Nikon D7000
    Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Tokina 11-16 2.8
    2 SB-900 and 2 SB-600's
    website | blog | facebook