Options

3 from today

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited January 12, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Guys i am done with MBA final exams... :D Went to market to check out some stuff for my bro's wedding, shot following images around the market

760812509_5sp3N-XL.jpg

760812246_jBXVx-XL.jpg

760812861_BMN3Z-XL.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    Tina ManleyTina Manley Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    I love all of these! My favorite is the first with the glimpse of the street through the colorful bazaar.

Tina
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    The colours and blur of life on the street are my favourite. Great as always.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Hey! I think that's my Alpine tape deck from 1991, sixth from the top on the left.

Great shots, as usual. How nice to live somewhere so photogenic. Do shots of urban USA look as exotic to you as these do to me? I often wonder about that.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2010
    Thank you guys !
    Pindy wrote:
    Hey! I think that's my Alpine tape deck from 1991, sixth from the top on the left.

Great shots, as usual. How nice to live somewhere so photogenic. Do shots of urban USA look as exotic to you as these do to me? I often wonder about that.

Hehehe, surprisingly you can find brand new gadgets from fancy shops located in this bazaar and 20 years old 2nd hand stuff on footpaths.

Yes i love USA's culture, i have an old book "Day in the life of America" which was gifted to my father in late 80's, that book made me photographer ! will love to shoot in urban environment around USA clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2010
    Guys i am done with MBA final exams... :D Went to market to check out some stuff for my bro's wedding, shot following images around the market

A good day's work, Awais! I particularly like #2, for the juxtaposition of the man and the 'women' behind him - nicely seen and captured. The first would be stronger had you gotten the main rider when his head came out from behind the hanging star.clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    A good day's work, Awais! I particularly like #2, for the juxtaposition of the man and the 'women' behind him - nicely seen and captured. The first would be stronger had you gotten the main rider when his head came out from behind the hanging star.clap.gifclap.gif

Thanks Bd, i will look for small distractions next time ! thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Beautiful set Awais!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2010
    Nir wrote:
    Beautiful set Awais!

Thanks Nir, glad you like it.

Regardsthumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    These are stunning Awais!!

My favorite is #2.

Love the colors.

It is always a pleasure to see your work.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Fun set. My favorite is #3. Always a treat to open your threads.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    760812246_jBXVx-Th.jpg

One of your all time best.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2010
    Thanks Virginia, Rainbow and Rutt !
    Always love to hear from you guys !thumb.gif

My Gallery