Options

Melissa (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited January 13, 2010 in Go Figure
I didn't have a lot of chances to shoot recently, so when Melissa contacted me and expressed an interest in some imagery similar to what I already had in my portfolio I decided not to try to jump over my own head and went with a few scenarious I was pretty sure to work (even if they didn't bring much novelty to myself).

#1: Dgrin, meet Melissa:

736871764_MpM8V-XL.jpg

#2: Black Juliet:

736911937_yEmqr-L.jpg

#3: X Marks The Spot:-)

736923912_HhV39-X3.jpg

#4: Power Duo:

737009317_FCC85-L.jpg

#5: Triple play:

736892965_WSFDe-X3.jpg

#6: Upside Down:

736980736_ykSmK-XL.jpg

#7: Back country:

737229388_HX7da-L.jpg

#8: The Hills Are Live With The Sounds Of Music:

737234110_USEhb-L.jpg

#9: Red Chiffon:

737397400_QVK6Y-XL.jpg

#10: Out of the Box:

737412545_CP6a5-XL.jpg

#11: Lines and Curves: Profile:

737428564_Zn6Af-XL.jpg

#12: Lines and Curves: Enface:

737428555_vE7c2-XL.jpg

#13: Lines and Curves: Climax:

737449109_ygeVZ-XL.jpg

Enjoy! C&C welcome!

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    Nikolai,

Love the shadows on #1. I am really looking forward to getting softboxes so I can try something like this. Also like #5. The poses work well together.

#3 is kind of weird. Very abstract but it gives me the heeby-geebies a little.

Great work as usual though.

Alex
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2009
    Thank you Alex!
    "X" is a a bit Dali-esque, I agree:-)
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    I like the ones that are lit from the side, leaving the middle dark. It sort of leaves you to your imagination. What is the background constructed of in the last two? Is that something you made, or is it readily available to buy? If so, where? BTW...Nice processing and stitching in #3! You have to look really close to see where they were joined together.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2009
    BroPhoto wrote:
    I like the ones that are lit from the side, leaving the middle dark. It sort of leaves you to your imagination. What is the background constructed of in the last two? Is that something you made, or is it readily available to buy? If so, where? BTW...Nice processing and stitching in #3! You have to look really close to see where they were joined together.

GaryB
    Thank you!
    The BG in the last three: it's a room screen, my wife purchased a couple on sale. I use it with two softboxes.
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    I like #8 "The hills are alive with the sound of music" The one thing that is a little distracting to me is the fact that the musical notes are upside down. I held the laptop upside down so they were right side up, and it then looked like Melissa was falling, which was not good either. So I am not sure if another crop or angle would help that.

#1 is also very pleasing, there is something about the skin tone though that distracts me.

I also think that some of the pictures would be improved by the intimate jewelry being more discreet. On X I kept thinking there was something on my monitor....
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2009
    I like #8 "The hills are alive with the sound of music" The one thing that is a little distracting to me is the fact that the musical notes are upside down. I held the laptop upside down so they were right side up, and it then looked like Melissa was falling, which was not good either. So I am not sure if another crop or angle would help that.

#1 is also very pleasing, there is something about the skin tone though that distracts me.

I also think that some of the pictures would be improved by the intimate jewelry being more discreet. On X I kept thinking there was something on my monitor....

Thanks Brad! thumb.gif
    Sorry I don't have a good picture of the back tat view, the "Hills" are the only one.. ne_nau.gif
    Skin tone - she has one of those olive skin tones that can be tuned into pretty much anything by changing the light level or a little play with any of the sliders.
    As for the "jewelry" - I took a PJ approach and l left it "as is" mwink.gif
    Cheers!
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Nik -
    Long time no talk! Just a quick note that the middle image of Triple Play is my favorite overall, then #11 (a repeat of some earlier work but nice anyway).
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 15, 2009
    Nik, this set is just unbelievable, in both the model and the photography. bowdown.gif

(Hi David! wave.gif)

-joel
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2009
    jdryan3 wrote:
    Nik -
    Long time no talk! Just a quick note that the middle image of Triple Play is my favorite overall, then #11 (a repeat of some earlier work but nice anyway).
    Thanks Ryan! thumb.gif
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    I enjoyed the set no doubt, my only suggestion when working with darker skinned models is make sure they don't use visible deodorant. :) It's something I have to deal with a lot with my dancers.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2010
    DI-Joe wrote:
    I enjoyed the set no doubt, my only suggestion when working with darker skinned models is make sure they don't use visible deodorant. :) It's something I have to deal with a lot with my dancers.
    I know what you're talking about :-) thumb.gif