Options

Boudiour question (legalities)

ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
edited January 13, 2010 in Weddings
I will be running Boudoir marathon in March and want to rent a hotel with big room/fancy stuff.
What are legal issues that Hotel might have, as far as lighting equipment and women coming in every hour.
Besides liability insurance, what might be an issue?

Anyone knows anything about it?

Thanks for any help. :D
Marina
www.intruecolors.com
Nikon D700 x2/D300
Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8

Comments

• Options
    edited January 13, 2010
    That's what I was going to do, approach a hotel manager. I'm was just curious what else it might entitle.
    Thanks!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Or you can just play it cool and have the girls come in nonchalantly to the room. As long as you aren't going in as one giant group, it is not gonna be any alarm.

At least that is how a ninja would do it. :D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Not at all
    Some hotels do not like you to do these sessions if they involve anything they perceive to be nudity. The way to handle it is to tell them you are doing portraits. They don't need to know the wardrobe. They also won't care if you are respectful. A lot of people need to know that you are doing tasteful portraits.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    OK, here's a thought........be honest. I know strange concept, but work with me here. If you approach the hotel manager and explain you are looking for a beautiful environment to photograph some select clients.

I don't think it is dishonest to leave out the boudoir part. Some may not understand. You might say that the photos are designed to produce images that flatter your clients and produce a wonderful feminine ambiance.

The issue you want to avoid is to have the hotel management discover that your using the room for photography with lights and clients coming and going without their knowledge. If they were to walk in and tell you to leave in the middle of a shoot your reputation would be shot.

Even if you have get turned down by a few hotels I am positive you will find one that will be happy to accommodate you and your clients.

Sam
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=808249

Just a heads up about one woman's experience. ne_nau.gif

So yes, I agree with Sam - be honest ahead of time, so you don't get canceled. :/
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2010
    I don't want to hide anything from anyone, i want to be upfront with what i'm going to do. I will be contacting local hotels who are vendors in wedding business, those people might understand better, I know few hotels who probably wouldn't mind to get an exposure for themselves, we might work out some deal as well.
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Call them post valentine romantic portraits.........

Needed a Min of 1 million dollars in liabilty insurance....Prob the same amount in property insurance......and that is all i can think of at the moment.........If you have a Hill and Usher "standard" policy it probably covers everything and more...........or a Business package policy from PPA & Marsh Insurance Group............................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website