Options

DSS 42 - Pyro - 9 Images

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited January 16, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Alright guys, I know this is a lot of images, but I have faith in you :D Let me know what you like and what you don't. Numbered for your convenience

1. Couple
pj1.jpg

2. Squirrely
pj2.jpg

3. Princeton
pj3.jpg

4. Church across the street
pj5.jpg

5. Holiday Kitty
pj6.jpg

My Sheepish Series
s0.jpg

s3.jpg

s1.jpg

s2.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    They are all very nice shots, but where are the people? Out of the set, #1 comes closest for me. Barring that, I'm not seeing much in the way of PJ or Documentary aspects either. On the technical side, the conversions are wonderful, but you need to lose the vignetting.
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    They are all very nice shots, but where are the people? Out of the set, #1 comes closest for me. Barring that, I'm not seeing much in the way of PJ or Documentary aspects either. On the technical side, the conversions are wonderful, but you need to lose the vignetting.

I could be wrong, but I feel like photojournalism isn't only about shooting people. That being said, I'm too close to these photos, so I will take that feedback, and run with it for next time =c) thank you
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2010
    Yes, it doesn't always need to include people. But these are more art shots in my book. Very nicely done too. clap.gif If the first had had a live couple as well, it would have been a wonderful street shot.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    Wonderful shots! clap.gif

For the contest I think #1 would be the best headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    These are technically beautiful and actually beautiful in general. But photojournalism implies news or at least documentation if it means anything at all. Take that good eye and technique to an event of some sort. Monday is MLK day and there are bound to be interesting opportunities around, for example.
    If not now, when?