Options

Possible to preserve work in Photoshop after PC reboot?

net1994net1994 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited January 16, 2010 in Finishing School
Hi All. I have Adobe Photoshop CS4 and I am wondering is there a way I can turn off the PC without losing all the adjustments/changes etc I applied to images? So hopefully the next time I open the photo it will apply all the changes I did prior to closing out of PSP? Retain the ‘History States.’ Of course I can save the file but when I do this i loose the 'history states.' Sometimes I need to restart my PC in the middle of a bunch of work but don’t want to lose hours of work.
<o:p> </o:p>
This is an odd comparison, but some time ago I would use Lotus Notes and you could ‘Save Window State’ so it would open up all e-mails you had open when you closed the program down the last time.
Anyone know if this is possible?
Candy For Your Eyes @ Paint By Pixels

http://www.paintbypixels.com

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited January 16, 2010
    net1994 wrote:
    Hi All. I have Adobe Photoshop CS4 and I am wondering is there a way I can turn off the PC without losing all the adjustments/changes etc I applied to images? So hopefully the next time I open the photo it will apply all the changes I did prior to closing out of PSP? Retain the ‘History States.’ Of course I can save the file but when I do this i loose the 'history states.' Sometimes I need to restart my PC in the middle of a bunch of work but don’t want to lose hours of work.
    This is an odd comparison, but some time ago I would use Lotus Notes and you could ‘Save Window State’ so it would open up all e-mails you had open when you closed the program down the last time.
    Anyone know if this is possible?

Here are some things you can do:
    - Don't shut the machine down; leave it in sleep mode. That will preserve everything including the history states.
    - Save your work as a PSD. That will preserve all your layers but not the history.
    - Enable full logging in the PS preferences. You can check the log to see what you did, though you can't step back as with the history.
    -Save snapshots of your work as you go.