Options

#42 first try at PJ: everyone's input gladly accepted

tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
edited January 16, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
PJ is a style that's completely new to me. I went to the farmer's market today and shot a bit. Here are 3 images (two crops of one.)

Is this anywhere near the right style/content?

Chris

765986308_usc5z-L.jpg

765989528_PCYyp-L.jpg

765990790_GmTnj-L.jpg

765986819_3vctk-XL.jpg
http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
If it's locked... find an open window.

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    Try crossposting in the Street & PJ forum and you're bound to get a lot of blunt critique (maybe more than you want.)

Are the last two identical?

Ask yourself what you are trying to show. Content is key in PJ. So context is also key because it makes the story. Do these shots tell the story you had in mind? Do they surprise? Are they moving? Help somebody who has never been there understand better?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    rutt wrote:
    Try crossposting in the Street & PJ forum and you're bound to get a lot of blunt critique (maybe more than you want.)

Are the last two identical?

Ask yourself what you are trying to show. Content is key in PJ. So context is also key because it makes the story. Do these shots tell the story you had in mind? Do they surprise? Are they moving? Help somebody who has never been there understand better?

#2 has potential as a "Street" shot. I like the posture and separation of the couple from the activity around them. The others are fairly ordinary.

Rutt, I think the Street forum crew can hop over here on occasion too mwink.gif
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    rutt and michswiss... thanks for the comments. I'm just trying to see if I'm anywhere near the right track. I've been reading about PJ and will shoot some more.

I'd be happy to post in the Street and PJ forum.

I've been lurking there and they are ruthless....which is what I'll want when I have some shots to post.

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    I've been lurking there and they are ruthless....which is what I'll want when I have some shots to post.

chris

We all have crusty surfaces, but are soft as marshmallows on the inside. I think you are heading down the right path. Looking forward to your next set.