Options

Pre-wedding/Bridal shoot.

l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited January 17, 2010 in Weddings
This is my first "all by myself" wedding post, I'm kinda scared about this :D

The bride is a very dear friend of mine, I've known her for almost 15 years now. She contacted me when she started making wedding plans asking if I could do the "First Look" and some shots of them before their wedding. Her, being the wonderful person that she is, granted us 2 1/2 hours of shooting time between her makeup and her wedding. And he's the first guy I've ever met that kept saying "sure, let's do this", the camera didn't bother him at all. Have I mentioned how wonderful they are?

When my husband showed up at the wedding with his Hasselblad 500C/M, the photog's wife approaching me saying that her husband was enthralled with my husband's gear. Between us, we had a Canon 40D, Rebel XT, Canon EOS-1 and his Hassy.

Of course, we paraded around in Jeffreaux2's location tromping grounds, but that's ok, I might have stolen a few ideas from him anyway. :rofl

The wedding was last night, so these are of the few that only took a few edits, but they have to come out of hiding.

C&C welcome.

1. Mr. and Mrs. Foil
4241073185_e7dff248e5.jpg

2. She was freezing so he gave her his jacket
4241072149_834e1b0377.jpg

3. One of my favorites, but I'm a fan of the "don't have to show faces to tell a story" idea.
4241842622_1bc4a043e7.jpg

4. Reflecting
4241841054_534f502766.jpg

5. We didn't add the graffiti, it was just a lucky find.
4241840136_097252bf02.jpg

6. Of the ones they've seen, this one is their favorite
4241066163_c58a313d8d.jpg

7. Stole the "rings on the heel" idea from another DGrinner :D
4241065067_f2d0d0d8d6.jpg

8. Hubby's a fan of sun glare.
4241837034_ab156c5df4.jpg

9. The make-up artist suggested this one.
4241064051_fc2ed13ffb.jpg

Edit: I didn't add the blue borders, I'm not sure why it's blue, I'm wondering if it's a Flickr thing.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 3, 2010
    I've re-edited one of those to make this:

Levee Kiss
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Hey LKM

I like the first and third best.clap.gif

I think all of them could use more contrast....and #2 could use a big push in exposure.thumb.gif

You get calibrated yet?

I enjoyed shooting your GP's 50th anniversary party. They appear to be a cute ....and happy couple!!!
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    I love #8! I would set the black point a little deeper though.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    Thanks Jeff and Heather!!

I took soooo many that it's hard to narrow down a favorite, I can't pick between my babies!!

I like the first one the best, myself, only because their new last name is Foil. :)

And shame on me, I didn't calibrate before editing those, I need to, though (I know, I know). I'm just making the first pass through weeding out the keepers from the non-keepers.

Jeff, other than the embarrassing slideshow, it was great, very short, sweet, simple and to the point, just like them :) I could kill my mother for putting some of those 20 year old pictures of me in there. And that projector, oh how I cringed when it came to one of my pictures, it just killed them. Maybe it's just the slight perfectionist in me coming out. :)

Once I get them all done, I'll have to share the entire gallery!
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    Jeff, other than the embarrassing slideshow, it was great, very short, sweet, simple and to the point, just like them :) I could kill my mother for putting some of those 20 year old pictures of me in there. And that projector, oh how I cringed when it came to one of my pictures, it just killed them. Maybe it's just the slight perfectionist in me coming out. :)

There are very few people in the world who REALLY like having their photo taken....and in my opinion......most "photographers" like it even less than the average person.

...adding a boost in contrast will help those suckers "snap"!!!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    There are very few people in the world who REALLY like having their photo taken....and in my opinion......most "photographers" like it even less than the average person.

...adding a boost in contrast will help those suckers "snap"!!!thumb.gif

It wasn't that I didn't like my picture taken, it's just that most of them were from the 80's/90's when my hair had a life of it's own.

And I'll definitely run some contrast through those again, thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    It wasn't that I didn't like my picture taken, it's just that most of them were from the 80's/90's when my hair had a life of it's own.

And I'll definitely run some contrast through those again, thanks for the advice.

Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif

In the 80's or 90's I at least HAD hair! headscratch.gif
  • Options
    jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010

7. Stole the "rings on the heel" idea from another DGrinner :D
    4241065067_f2d0d0d8d6.jpg

I'm so happy I had an idea worth stealing :smo

My favorite is the graffiti one, very cool, although I wonder what it would look like in B/W. (and dare I say it, selective color on the heart? )
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2010
    I'm so happy I had an idea worth stealing :smo

My favorite is the graffiti one, very cool, although I wonder what it would look like in B/W. (and dare I say it, selective color on the heart? )

Um, "selective coloring" is a BAD word in this house, just like all of the other four letter words - or words I scream during LSU football :) Hubby says this house should adopt "oh what a bunch of selective coloring that is" in place of a "bad" word.

And yes, your rings on the shoe is a great idea, I saw her shoes and I had to try it, she liked it, so it went over well!! I might have to steal it for good :D

I black and white'd the graffiti one, actually, it's my submission for Jeff's tortur-- I mean challenge this week.

Hubby found the graffiti, but it was a great find - I'm not a fan of it usually but we couldn't pass it up.

And Mr. Jeff, you could have all of my hair from the 80's you wanted, that's when mom convinced me to *gasp* perm it and it was just BAD.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2010
    So two weeks after the wedding, her online proofing gallery is up:

www.madisonsquared.com/proofing/foilwedding will bring you straight there!!

Again, we weren't the hired photogs for the wedding, so there's not a lot of "wedding" shots. The actual ceremony shots were sans flash, I didn't want to ruin the hired photog's shot if we fired at the same instant. (He's actually in a few, he was part of the wedding, so I decided to keep them).

Jeffreaux2, you'll know my locations instantly :)