Options

#42 Thoughts

morgan20morgan20 Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited January 18, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
While climbing last week we came across a tourist who had fallen into a crevasse. Despite sliding under the ice shelf (pictured) with some help he was pulled to safety.

766219709_JncL9-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    morgan20 wrote:
    While climbing last week we came across a tourist who had fallen into a crevasse. Despite sliding under the ice shelf (pictured) with some help he was pulled to safety.

766219709_JncL9-M.jpg

oh man, I think the story was there, but you were unable to get it.
    Without you telling me what has happened I can't tell what's going on--I image the look on his face would have helped tell the story.
    As is, I don't think it works.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2010
    oh man, I think the story was there, but you were unable to get it.
    Without you telling me what has happened I can't tell what's going on--I image the look on his face would have helped tell the story.
    As is, I don't think it works.

Yeah, unfortunately the face view was too difficult as it was on thin ice and too dangerous to get too. Don't you think the image alone was striking?
  • Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    Without having your explanation of the events, it just looks like a guy who is comfortably playing/climbing in some rocks with a sheet of ice close by. It isn't compelling specifically nor does it show any impending danger the man might be under like being stuck, etc.

With the story, it works. But the image on its own, IMO, doesn't.
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    Cool
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    Without having your explanation of the events, it just looks like a guy who is comfortably playing/climbing in some rocks with a sheet of ice close by. It isn't compelling specifically nor does it show any impending danger the man might be under like being stuck, etc.

With the story, it works. But the image on its own, IMO, doesn't.

Thanks. I see your point.