Options

indoor engagement shoots?

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited January 19, 2010 in Weddings
Does anyone remember any good indoor engagement threads? I am doing one in a couple's home and I'm just fresh out of ideas/inspiration. TIA! :)
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2010
    urbanaries wrote:
    Does anyone remember any good indoor engagement threads? I am doing one in a couple's home and I'm just fresh out of ideas/inspiration. TIA! :)

Just helping to brain storm.... Have you been to their home? Do they have a piano, or other musical instruments you can incorporate? A fireplace that you could set up an indoor picnic in front of? I'm imagining rich colors, oversized pillows, glasses of wine, the warm glow of fire, etc. What about cooking together in the kitchen?

Caroline
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    I don't shoot much in other peoples homes / heck, I just hate shooting indoors, hah. I think there was a thread not too long ago with some pics of a couple in a restaurant that I thought was pretty cool.

Other cool indoor places would be: an old theatre, library, bowling alley, pool place, hotel lobby, museum ..., circus (hey, why not), fancy train station, oldtimer museum .... I'm sure the owners wouldn't mind as long as you give them a heads-up .... Good luck! :)
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    I don't shoot much in other peoples homes / heck, I just hate shooting indoors, hah. I think there was a thread not too long ago with some pics of a couple in a restaurant that I thought was pretty cool.

Other cool indoor places would be: an old theatre, library, bowling alley, pool place, hotel lobby, museum ..., circus (hey, why not), fancy train station, oldtimer museum .... I'm sure the owners wouldn't mind as long as you give them a heads-up .... Good luck! :)

I'm doing an e-shoot in a tattoo parlor next month (b and g are both covered in tats)... we're also hitting up an empty parking garage if we can find one.

For Christmas, I helped my aunt make a (rated PG) calendar of herself for my uncle, he's a Harley fan and the Harley dealership in town let us take some shots of her on their copy of his bike, they were super sweet about it.

I like the idea of being inside, but maybe not inside their home, maybe outside? Against a solid wall of the house?

Depending on the part of the country you're in, a winery might be a good place, too -- especially if they let you get out into all of the grapevines.
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    I agree with the others that if you can get them out somewhere that would be interesting. You mentioned that you are shooting in their home- is that their preference, or did they just not have an idea on where to go? Wonderful suggestions above.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    Heather did an awesome e-shoot with a couple in a library that was spectacular and there was someone who did a winery indoors... Jason maybe?

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    mmmatt wrote:
    Heather did an awesome e-shoot with a couple in a library that was spectacular and there was someone who did a winery indoors... Jason maybe?

Matt

They definitely wanted to do the shoot in their home...it went well and was nice enough outside we shot some good stuff. But the inside of their house wasn't bad, they wanted to do some ballroom dancing shots...not my most creative stuff, but I'll post some here when I get them processed!

thanks everyone for trying! I just hate hate hate using flash in small indoor spaces, it bounces all over the place. I used a snoot for some of the dancing shots...but they kept moving half way into/out of the light Laughing.gif.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers