Options

DSS #42 - Down to the Beach

CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited January 20, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is a shot I got in San Diego over the weekend. Seals were bonding with their young down on the beach. I don't really know much about Street & PJ, but this is my attempt :dunno C&C appreciated!

767998587_aPC9C-L.jpg

Can still play around with processing. Thanks for looking!
Daily Shot
My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    Hi Cory,
    I'm having a hard time figuring out the story here.
    You mentioned seals with their young--but I barely get a glimpse of the seals.
    What I see is a man ogling a young female (that's what I see anyway) and a man feeding birds.

There is something I like about the shot, but I don't know that it will work for the challenge.

Try cross posting in the PJ forum as well to get a more detailed feedback--although some are hanging out here for this challenge. Also be prepared for blunt C&C.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    I think the best thing about this image is that you were close. It's created an immediacy to the moment you captured. The flock in the upper right, the beach and the structure of the stairs are strong reminders of where we are and it brings me into the setting. While there doesn't seem to be a strong story or juxtaposition, it's still a very, very nice shot. clap.gif
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    I think the best thing about this image is that you were close. It's created an immediacy to the moment you captured. The flock in the upper right, the beach and the structure of the stairs are strong reminders of where we are and it brings me into the setting. While there doesn't seem to be a strong story or juxtaposition, it's still a very, very nice shot. clap.gif

I'm glad you mentioned that because I should have said it also. Major props for getting up close--that is a huge part of the battle and one that I still struggle with.
    Liz A.
    _________