Options

Need Opinions

garymkrieggarymkrieg Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited January 21, 2010 in Street and Documentary
I do not shoot much street candid but I caught a moment the other day that might have merit. I was a little far away and my lens was a little short but I think with a crop it's OK. My struggle is with the crop, I would love to get the Krispy Kreme sign in but I just do not like the way it makes the picture look. Always looking for C&C.

Original:

769326727_z6wtV-L.jpg

My crop:
769326754_w4jyV-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    garymkrieg wrote:
    I do not shoot much street candid but I caught a moment the other day that might have merit. I was a little far away and my lens was a little short but I think with a crop it's OK. My struggle is with the crop, I would love to get the Krispy Kreme sign in but I just do not like the way it makes the picture look. Always looking for C&C.

Original:

There are a couple problems with your crop, besides the sign, and the biggest one is that it looks as though he's giving her the doughnut. rolleyes1.gif Sometime our best intentions are stymied by the realities of the situation - where we are and the equipment we have. But...I'd suggest that this crop may at least get close to what you're trying to do.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    garymkrieggarymkrieg Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 21, 2010
    Thanks BD, you are correct it does look like the dough nut is going the wrong way. I just wish I had been in a better spot. Thanks for your input, I really enjoy reading your thoughts.

Gary
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    garymkrieg wrote:
    Thanks BD, you are correct it does look like the dough nut is going the wrong way.

That makes for an even better story...
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Both look like they were taken by a security camera. Get MUCH closer.
    If not now, when?