Options

Anyone going to WPPI in March?

MishkaMishka Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited January 25, 2010 in Weddings
Not sure if this is the forum to post this, but I figure it's where a lot of the wedding photogs hang out. Anyone planning on going to WPPI in March? I am, and I think it'd be fun to meet up with other dgrinners. I could actually put a real face with the avatars...

Comments

• Options
    elizabeth_Lunaelizabeth_Luna Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Mishka wrote:
    Not sure if this is the forum to post this, but I figure it's where a lot of the wedding photogs hang out. Anyone planning on going to WPPI in March? I am, and I think it'd be fun to meet up with other dgrinners. I could actually put a real face with the avatars...

Yup ! I plan on it :)
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2010
    Yup ! I plan on it :)

Looks like it's just you and me so far!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    nod.gif SmugMug will have a very large crew there deal.gif
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2010
    Since it's in my, well, front yard... yes I will be there...
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Planning on being there! Andy......will you need any help manning a booth? Let me know, if it works in my schedule I'd be willing to help.
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    jeffjochumjeffjochum Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Shudderz wrote:
    Planning on being there! Andy......will you need any help manning a booth? Let me know, if it works in my schedule I'd be willing to help.

Thanks for the generous offer, Heather! As it is, I think we are fully packed in the booth - but, definitely stop by and see us at the show... just in case! :)

jeff
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    I would love to go, lots of friends from the school are going to be there, and people from here... sadly, I cannot afford the entrance fee or the travel from Wisconsin :cry

Anyone want to give a poor college student a scholarship? haha
    Jer
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Yes!
    I am going from Sunday to Thursday.

There are some great activities this year. A number of people who frequent the Smug User Groups will be there but those people do not frequent Dgrin.....many of them are on a couple other forums.

On Sunday night after the Canon sponsored Opening event, I have arranged a meet up at the West Wing Bar at 9:15 until the last drop is gone. I typically get a group of photographers together to dine each night. I will post the schedule here about the last week of February.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2010
    ChatKat wrote:

There are some great activities this year. A number of people who frequent the Smug User Groups will be there but those people do not frequent Dgrin.....many of them are on a couple other forums.

On Sunday night after the Canon sponsored Opening event, I have arranged a meet up at the West Wing Bar at 9:15 until the last drop is gone. I typically get a group of photographers together to dine each night. I will post the schedule here about the last week of February.

Great! I hope to meet up with you there.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2010
    ChatKat wrote:

Looking forward to seeing you again!!! We've definitely got to meet up!
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2010
    jeffjochum wrote:
    Thanks for the generous offer, Heather! As it is, I think we are fully packed in the booth - but, definitely stop by and see us at the show... just in case! :)

jeff

I'll definitely stop by!!
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2010
    jeffjochum wrote:
    I think we are fully packed in the booth - but, definitely stop by and see us at the show... just in case! :)

jeff

Hmm, perhaps this would be a good time for the inaugural Las Vegas SMUG meeting?
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    Bill, you can come to LA Anytime too.
    Heather - last year was fun...looking forward to catching up in person.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. The booth last year was really nice.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    I'll be there! Not until the 7th, though, since I've got a wedding on the 6th. Whoever's idea it was to host a wedding photography convention on a weekend, I dunno... So dumb!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2010
    I'll be there! Not until the 7th, though, since I've got a wedding on the 6th. Whoever's idea it was to host a wedding photography convention on a weekend, I dunno... So dumb!

Considering last year's dates of February 14th to the 19th, this is a huge improvement!
  • Options
    Candice CunninghamCandice Cunningham Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 25, 2010
    ChatKat wrote:

Kathy let me know if you start a Facebook group and I will list it @wppiparties see ya there girly :-)