Options

saving threads

ole docole doc Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited January 26, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
Now I'm showing my age and ignorance. Several of the threads or posts to threads are tutorial in quality and I would like to save them for future reference as in a "Document" file. What is the best way to do this (1) for a complete thread; or more commonly (2) for a specific post to a thread.
Thanks for your forbearance and information.
Nick

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited January 25, 2010
    ole doc wrote:
    Now I'm showing my age and ignorance. Several of the threads or posts to threads are tutorial in quality and I would like to save them for future reference as in a "Document" file. What is the best way to do this (1) for a complete thread; or more commonly (2) for a specific post to a thread.
    Thanks for your forbearance and information.
    Nick

One way is to have DGrin remember the threads by subscribing to the thread you want to view again. Along the top click Thread Tools, then choose Subscribe to this thread.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited January 26, 2010
    Use your Web browser
    In addition to David's suggestion, you can bookmark the thread and even individual posts in your browser if you like. To bookmark a post, right-click on the little post number in the upper right. It's a good idea to rename the bookmarks to something you will recognize later. Right-click on the bookmark and select Properties, then change the name. Browsers also let you save whole Web pages on your machine so you don't have to be online to view them. Look in the File menu.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited January 26, 2010
    Also, your browser should have a "Save As" function to save web pages locally.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ole docole doc Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    thanks. these suggestion broaden my options.
    Nick