Options

DSS #43 @ Satchel's

KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
edited January 28, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Satchel's and the accompanying Lightnin' Salvage Junk Museum is a Gainesville establishment. All they have is pizza and Satchel's salad, plus beer, wine, and your regular fountain drinks, but it is packed every night of the week. We were there for to watch a friend of a friend perform at Lightnin' Salvage, so I brought the camera. These are straight outta camera and will be prettied up a bit:

775132802_CLtuH-L.jpg

775106150_ByjQB-L.jpg

775113803_fCeau-L.jpg

775118063_45h6E-L.jpg

5. Not sure how to convey it, but this is an amazing junk-encrusted door
775123960_SKdyj-L.jpg

775122436_aPwPT-L.jpg

Thoughts? I'm leaning towards a fixed-up version of #3, I think.... though #4 is nice, but not so much about the door, more about the woman reviewing her music.
Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!

Comments

• Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    #3 caught my eye, too. There's too much going on, but presumably cropping in closer to the person would help with that.

I also really like the 'junk encrusted door', but I'm not sure you got a good picture of it.

(Oh, and I definitely wanted to be there, eating the pizza and watching the show. Looked warm and inviting)
  • Options
    redcargurlredcargurl Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    The junk encrusted door could be interesting. However, the photos so far do nothing to convey that it's a door. although i liked the DOF on the encrusted pics.
    Here's where my photos are: http://erink.smugmug.com/
    I'd love to hear from other Seattle area photographers.
    Opinion & Critique always welcome. Thanks for visiting! ~Erin K.

Gear: Pentax K10D, Lenses: Pentax 18-28mm zoom, Tamron 75-300mm zoom, Soon to arrive Tamron 28-75 zoom. Also various other toys and accouterments. you understand.
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    redcargurl wrote:
    The junk encrusted door could be interesting. However, the photos so far do nothing to convey that it's a door. although i liked the DOF on the encrusted pics.

I agree... the problem is that it is (clearly) full of junk in there, so I don't have much space to get back and get a decent shot of it, especially since I am without a wide-angle... There are even obstructions trying to shoot it from the room it leads into, so that perspective won't work either. ne_nau.gif
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote:
    I agree... the problem is that it is (clearly) full of junk in there, so I don't have much space to get back and get a decent shot of it, especially since I am without a wide-angle... There are even obstructions trying to shoot it from the room it leads into, so that perspective won't work either. ne_nau.gif

I like the door shots too... does it have a handle? That could convey its use without the need for a wider angle shot.
    edited January 28, 2010
    Do you have a way of firing the camera remotely? If so, I know you said there were obstructions in getting a good shot handheld, but maybe you could set it on a shelf? That is definitely a cool door and I can only imagine how good the pizza and a cold beer would be!!
    Jimmie D.
    www.focusedonyourmemories.com

What you see depends on what you're looking for.
  • Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Maybe there's a way to get the door from the angle in #2? You didn't focus on it in this picture, and I don't know if they'd let you close it a bit more in order to get the door, but you might be able to.
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    I'm not sure how this one is going to express the theme. All the decor is really catching my eye before the door does. It comes to mind of a little girl with her finger reached out, a look of intrigue at all the colors and objects for #5. But of course we would need a little more of the door. Right now it looks like it could be a wall.

That's all the thoughts I've got. Looks like a very interesting place.:D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D