Options

DSS43....2nd Attempt

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited January 30, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Going in a different direction from my first post, this photo opp presented itself!
I haven't done much to these other than minor adjustments at this point.
What do you think about fitting the theme...
For titles I'm thinking:
Inside, Outside
Sure Looks Warm Inside
Separation
Anyway, here they are. All C&C welcome!

776089343_UtcMT-L.jpg

776089371_FfkgM-L.jpg

Then just for grins, for anyone that looked at my first attempts, here is/was my last ditch effort to make it work

776010628_ie5Nu-L.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    #1 gives mne a sense of cozy and the window is only part of the story.
    #2 is all about the door serving a function and providing a barrier between the dog and cat. Much more of a 'window or door' theme.

The barn door seems to be trying to tell a story, but can't quite get it out.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    I'm one of those people that hates to crop, but I'm curious to see how #1 looks up close. It looks like the image is pretty sharp, so it would be nice to get a good close look at the detail of the hounds brightened up fur from the warm sunshine. As well as the not so impressed look of the cat on the other side. More for curiousity on my part.

As for your door. It's definitely on theme, just not sure if it's going to be strong enough to get you up in the top ten of the judges picks. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    #1 gives mne a sense of cozy and the window is only part of the story.
    #2 is all about the door serving a function and providing a barrier between the dog and cat. Much more of a 'window or door' theme.

The barn door seems to be trying to tell a story, but can't quite get it out.

Chris

Thanks for the feedback Chris!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    Aspecto5 wrote:
    I'm one of those people that hates to crop, but I'm curious to see how #1 looks up close. It looks like the image is pretty sharp, so it would be nice to get a good close look at the detail of the hounds brightened up fur from the warm sunshine. As well as the not so impressed look of the cat on the other side. More for curiousity on my part.

As for your door. It's definitely on theme, just not sure if it's going to be strong enough to get you up in the top ten of the judges picks. :D

At your request:D Is this what you were thinking?

776324637_TbGhD-L.jpg
    Karin

• Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    I wouldn't take my word for it, but I really like it. I would even take a quick peek at getting rid of that left window altogether. But maybe you'll lose to much of the hound. That warm light on the carpet and the dog's fur really looks good in my opinion. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    Aspecto5 wrote:
    I wouldn't take my word for it, but I really like it. I would even take a quick peek at getting rid of that left window altogether. But maybe you'll lose to much of the hound. That warm light on the carpet and the dog's fur really looks good in my opinion. :D

Thanks for your help Nelson! Tighter crop looks good, I'm just worried it'll take away the obvious door theme connection if I go too tight. I will keep playing with it...appreciate the encouragement!
    Karin

• Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    I too like the dog/cat pictures better.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    ic4u wrote:
    Thanks for your help Nelson! Tighter crop looks good, I'm just worried it'll take away the obvious door theme connection if I go too tight. I will keep playing with it...appreciate the encouragement!

You betcha. I don't see why you wouldn't do well with this. The window is the obvious barrier between these two. I think it spices things up when there's a little interaction involved. :D Good Luck!!
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    I too like the dog/cat pictures better.

:D Thanks Allen!
    Karin

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2010
    I like the closer crop, too. In fact, it brings the door into play more.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.