Options

Moab in Feb Mar?

justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
edited January 30, 2010 in Location, Location, Location!
Planning a five day trip to Moab. Wondering if anyone goes there this time of year and if it's too cold?
I don't recall seeing many snow shots of Moab.
From what I've been reading it can be in the 50's.
Canon EOS 30D & 50D
Arizona, USA
http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................

Comments

• Options
    takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    justME wrote:
    Planning a five day trip to Moab. Wondering if anyone goes there this time of year and if it's too cold?

I've been in the desert near Moab many times in February and had it down in the 20's. Some snow is not unusual, but not usual either. Have seen ice on the Colorado River all along there in the wintertime. Take a coat. You can always take it off if you get too warm. :)
  • Options
    bbeck4x4bbeck4x4 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2010
    justME wrote:

this is High mountain desert, very cold, watch the weather forecasts. there has been a lot of snow down there recently, dress as though you are going skiing, then a little warmer, plenty of layers, It will be worth it, that is great country this time of year, I wouldn't want to camp out there though ( and I live here in Utah :D)
    Brian Beck
    Spanish Fork, Utah 84660- 360 Virtual Tours - Landscapes
    Google + Facebook Website