Options

Lightroom Question

FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
edited January 31, 2010 in Finishing School
I am in the process of switching from a PC desktop to an iMac, but will need to continue to use my PC laptop for as much as a year longer. I use my laptop for photo work when I travel.

I have just taken steps to migrate my windows version of CS3 to a mac version of CS4, but that will leave me me bare laptop wise.

It looks as though when you buy Lightroom you get a copy of both versions. As I have a 7D, I need something that will read the RAW files from the camera and, in general, I'm not fond of using Canon's software.

Does anyone know if LR2 in the box will allow me to use LR both on both my iMac and my PC laptop (total use would still be limited to 2 computers)?

Thanks!

Virginia

Email

Comments

• Options
    JEphotographyJEphotography Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I am in the process of switching from a PC desktop to an iMac, but will need to continue to use my PC laptop for as much as a year longer. I use my laptop for photo work when I travel.

I have just taken steps to migrate my windows version of CS3 to a mac version of CS4, but that will leave me me bare laptop wise.

It looks as though when you buy Lightroom you get a copy of both versions. As I have a 7D, I need something that will read the RAW files from the camera and, in general, I'm not fond of using Canon's software.

Does anyone know if LR2 in the box will allow me to use LR both on both my iMac and my PC laptop (total use would still be limited to 2 computers)?

Thanks!

Virginia

Yes it will work. I did the same thing when I went to Mac.

Cheers

Jonathan
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    Great!! Thank you Jonathan!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2010
    The important thing is if you are going to be using an external hard drive is to make sure that it is FAT32 so that both machines can access it easily.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2010
    Thank you Brad!! I will definitely be using an external drive I'll look into this.

Va

Email