Options

Trouble: Lightroom 2.6/PSCS3/Snow Leopard

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited February 2, 2010 in Finishing School
I have two problems ATM.

The start of my problem is that now that PSCS3 is not working. Checked for software updates, etc. but when ever I try saving a file, the program becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit. I am suspicious that this problem may be due to recently installing Snow Leopard.

I had been using LR2.6 beta. Tonight, I got a message that the beta program expired and would be removed from my computer - and with it went any functioning version of Lightroom! There is an icon labelled Adobe LR 2.pkg, which when opened goes through installation motions but won't open. There is a second icon labeled Adobe Lightroom 2 that gives the 'expired' message.

I (obviously) need to figure out how to get them both functioning again.

Help?!

ann

Comments

• Options
    edited February 1, 2010
    The LR problem seems resolved by discarding the old versions, thereby allowing me to open the original and update to the non beta 2.6.

The question remaining is what might be causing the problem with photoshop CS3?

Ann McRae wrote:
    I have two problems ATM.

The start of my problem is that now that PSCS3 is not working. Checked for software updates, etc. but when ever I try saving a file, the program becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit. I am suspicious that this problem may be due to recently installing Snow Leopard.

ann
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2010
    NM - both are working
    I should never operate anything after midnight.
    rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    Ann McRae wrote:
    I should never operate anything after midnight.
    rolleyes1.gif

Which time zone :D

Been there done that, got T-shirt, sold it on eBay, went back again....
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2010
    Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop or ImageReady. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/