Options

Date Taken/Mod/Dig Info Missing on Copies?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited February 4, 2010 in Bug Reporting
I understand this relatively "new' bug has already been reported. The PHOTO INFO for copies made from existing gallery photos is missing the Date Modified, Date Taken, Date Digitized (some photos). It exists on the originals. This is very important because I do not want to make copies without this data. When can we expect this bug to be fixed? Regards,
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited January 24, 2010
    I can't speak for smug, but...

Since this appears to be a copy problem as opposed to an upload problem, have you considered uploading copies of the photos instead of copying them on smug?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2010
    I can't speak for smug, but...

Since this appears to be a copy problem as opposed to an upload problem, have you considered uploading copies of the photos instead of copying them on smug?

--- Denise
    Yes. But that is really just an added hassle, which I don't really need. Photo Info used to be complete on copies. Something happened fairly recently.
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 25, 2010
    This has been reported. I am afraid that I cannot tell you when it will be fixed. Sorry. Keep an eye on the release notes page as that is where we usually announce fixes.

You'll want to subscribe to our Release Notes blog, so that you don't miss a single update from SmugMug :)http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ at the bottom, there's a link for Entries (RSS) - put that in your favorite feed reader.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2010
    docwalker wrote:
    This has been reported. I am afraid that I cannot tell you when it will be fixed. Sorry. Keep an eye on the release notes page as that is where we usually announce fixes.

You'll want to subscribe to our Release Notes blog, so that you don't miss a single update from SmugMug :)http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ at the bottom, there's a link for Entries (RSS) - put that in your favorite feed reader.
    Thanks, Doc. Yes, I have been subscribed to Release Notes for some time now. Hope it gets fixed soon.
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2010
    Just for the record, the exif info is still being stripped. It just drove me crazy trying to figure out why a copy I moved to a different gallery wouldn't sort into the proper order. This info is important to me as most of my galleries are sorted into date taken order. I'm sure that's true for others as well.

Now, all coding wizards, go to your room and don't come out until you've fixed the bug. Plus, turn in all your cameras and you'll not get them back until you've fixed this bug. :nono :heh
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged