43 - more door choices...

KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
edited February 5, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Alright, a couple new options:

780546927_LoEaR-L.jpg

780551509_9YRfZ-L.jpg

780553673_3xfAV-L.jpg

780541874_YZ9tX-L.jpg

Do any strike your fancy? I think I'm leaning toward #2 and #3 myself... but there's something I like about #4 as well.

Thanks!
Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2010
    #2 is cool! I'd like to get to know the residents. It's amazing to me how much personality comes through in the entryway. The contrast between #1 and #2 is interesting.
  • Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2010
    I like #3. #2 is interesting, but it lacks some pop I'm looking for. It could be the lack of saturation in the colors, or the cropping, though, so potentially improvable.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2010
    #3! I really like the geometrical pattern, and the shadows. and there's something else that I can't quite put a finger on?

#2 is very busy, seems like there's so much stuff on the porch and yard... I think it would have better impact if there weren't anything on the door - the only blank piece in a collage of color.

#1 doesn't work for me, I think that the way it's framed by the lighter colored porch takes the eye away from the door and that weather-beaten dresser. Maybe a shot at dusk with the porch light on? I almost didn't notice the cats... I'd suggest making them a bit more of a feature, if they're still there and you feel inspired to re-shoot.

(as always, I am new at this, so my comments go best with a grain of salt...)
    edited February 4, 2010
    Thanks, guys.

I did boost the saturation quite a bit on #2 and it looks pretty colorful on my monitor (which I just recently calibrated), but I might be able to push it just a hair more. The people that live there I would describe as "bike kids"... you know, the mid-twenties crowd dressed in super-tight black or retro clothes, long bangs in the face, always biking everywhere on their fixed-gears. :)

I wouldn't rule it out completely, but it's unlikely that I'll get out for a reshoot, so I guess I'm going to have to go with either number two or three... still not sure yet since nothing seems to stand out.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote:
    "bike kids"... you know

haha yes, I know... exactly. although I shun the skinny jeans, I know about a half dozen houses around DC that could easily have been substituted for that house.
    edited February 5, 2010
    #3 is the one. Beautiful light, love the tilt and the low angle, and last but not least the dynamic range that you have captured meaning that the viewer can see both inside and outside clearly.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    I like #3 and #4.
    #3 has cool geometry. You may want to pay close attention to the corners. In a shot like this, the way the angles and shapes line up in the corners can really effect the visual impact.
    #4 is really interesting because of the depth of things the viewer can see. I like the various light sources, and you have a person in the shot, which I think makes it much stronger than if there were no person there. Great shot!
    Mark