Options

Gorgeous bride last wedding of 2009.

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited February 5, 2010 in Weddings
Dec. 23rd. last wedding of 2009.
Fitting that the last wedding of the year would be the most gorgeous bride of the year. They are all beautiful but this one really....
Tons of pictures, as usual I tried to get most of my favorite near the front....I know nobody wants to look through 300 pictures.
Again don't ask me to post 4 or 5 here...I can't take that kind of pressure...just noway I can pick my favorites lol...
Here is the link:
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Weddings/Jackie-/10833779_wsf4g#755634048_TP5nW

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Wow! She IS really gorgeous. Those shots on the couch are simply amazing! Fantastic work! I also loved her dress! I hope other brides see how cute she is with sleeves and get away from this cookie cutter strapless thing we got going on right now.

On the first page the ring shot is really beautiful. What is it that they are resting on? At first I thought a piano... which reminded me of the time I tried that and then had to dissasemble a piano to get the rings out from under the keys. Fortunately my music teacher sister was assisting me and was able to help me figure out how to get them out. It sure could have been a disaster. So for all you that don't want to take the time to take apart a piano while shooting a wedding... don't try that at home.

But back to your work... zoomer! You amaze me.
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Can I get married all over again and wear her dress??? I LOVE it... of course, it won't look the same on me, but we can always try!!!

And I agree with you, Heather, sleeves aren't bad, if worn well. Strapless dresses (like my own) leave that stupid back shoulder fat that likes to come over, unless you're smaller than a size 4, you have it, regardless.

And her on the couch = amazing.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Strapless is great... WITH a shrug, WITH a bolero jacket, WITH a shawl, WITH a drape... with something! So few gals over the age of about 16 and larger than stick-figure have pretty upper arms unless they're seriously into gym and toning and it's just so much more attractive to cover them up and leave a bit more to the imagination :D I remember that gorgeous gal you shot Heather (your friend - was it Kate?) - definitely a curvy girl but she looked hawwwwwwt in that dress since she knew exactly how to flatter every gorgeous inch of herself. Here's hoping more brides start to clue into this and realise that not everybody looks their best in that Grace Kelly cut without a bit of clever camouflage.

As a singer I'm constantly in search of gowns with sleeves but since those have been in short supply for the last 10 years I have a wonderful collection of stuff to put over them. Keeps you warmer in cold weather and hides sweat marks in the summer tooo (fact of life - satin/silks show everything rolleyes1.gif).

/girly clothing tangent

Zoomer, you always do something gorgeous - never seen a shoot of yours that didn't have an "oooohhhh" moment in it. I too love the shots on the couch in this batch - beautiful. I'm not sure about the hotel shot including the radiator though, in particular 17 - I think it's the juxtaposition of the gorgeous light, formal-ish pose and glowy processing and... radiator. It just jumps out at me and distracts from all the gorgeousness next to it.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    wow, wow, wow ... she really IS gorgeous!! And your photos are just mind blowing. I especially enjoyed the ones of her on the couch & in front of the window. HOW PRETTY! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2010
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate you comments.
    With a young lady like this, it is kind of hard to mess it up lol...
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2010
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Yeah, I'm just going to agree with all the3 above. Very nice work Zoomer. she really is quite the hotie! Very sexy stuff on the couch and in the doorway. Really nice.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2010
    Hey thanks mmatt,
    I am shooting their reception this weekend. That is a record for me, almost 3 weeks between the wedding and the reception.
    Should be fun!
  • Options
    Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2010
    Nice!
    Great series of shots...and honestly, enjoy the time off...the season is already back.....
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013
    Winner Best of Spokane Northwest Inlander 2012
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2011
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2010
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2011
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2010

(509) 230-9785

www.actionsportsimages.smugmug.com

• Options
    magicstudiomagicstudio Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 14, 2010
    Great shots!
    zoomer wrote:
    Dec. 23rd. last wedding of 2009.
    Fitting that the last wedding of the year would be the most gorgeous bride of the year. They are all beautiful but this one really....
    Tons of pictures, as usual I tried to get most of my favorite near the front....I know nobody wants to look through 300 pictures.
    Again don't ask me to post 4 or 5 here...I can't take that kind of pressure...just noway I can pick my favorites lol...
    Here is the link:
    http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Weddings/Jackie-/10833779_wsf4g#755634048_TP5nW
  • Options
    MiaRoseMiaRose Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    Stunning bride... lovely photos! :)
  • Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    why can't you link a few pictures here, instead of making us go there. ne_nau.gif cause I'm not gonna go
  • Options
    Crystal-PixelCrystal-Pixel Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2010
    zoomer, I LOVE them! Your photography is TRUELY inspirational! I hope to see more in the future! Thank you for being an inspiration for me!:D
    Crystal Saly

My Smug: www.crystalpixelphotography.com
    My Site: www.crystal-pixel.com

"I'm in love with my Canon.. & lovely L Lenses..."
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Gorgeous work, as usual, zoomer. I really enjoy your eye.

I also agree that the sleeves are beautiful. I know this is a total longshot, but do any of you recognize the designer? Or zoomer, did you happen to catch it? I just got engaged and am looking at dresses. I can't find anything that looks remotely like that one, which makes me sad because I love it. Truly, I think 95% of them are strapless, and I just don't want to be yanking it up all day!
  • Options
    TEphotosTEphotos Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Stunning Bride... Stunning images!
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    well, so far your work is one of my most favorite works i've seen. now, all I need to do is to learn how you do that.bowdown.gif

amazing work, beautiful bride.
    i'm jealous.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    devonweddingphotographerdevonweddingphotographer Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 4, 2010
    Wow, she is stunning!
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2010
    Thanks everyone, appreciate your comments.
    Yes Jackie is a very beautiful girl and a sweetheart on top of it.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    Let me jump on the bandwagon while it's still rolling. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Top shelf...what else can I say.

Thanks for sharing. I have always liked your shooting.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed