Options

#43 C&C Please

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited February 5, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Realized today it's been almost a month since I've been able to head out with with the camera. :huh Oy!

Did manage to get some challenge shots in today and am looking for a little C&C. Thanks.

#1 - Old Door
777926302_geELt-XL.jpg

#2 - Stained glass windows
777927296_YJ3HQ-XL.jpg

#3 - Stained glass windows (HDR effect)
777927127_RnWpw-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2010
    The cynic in me says we will all soon be sick of looking at weathered old doors. Another side of me hopes we see some really amazing interpretations of those weathered old doors. ne_nau.gif

I think that stained glass has a lot of potential, but needs more oomph. Of the two I like 2 better than 3 due to the greater contrast, I think.
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2010
    Thanks, Mark. You're probably right about the weathered old doors. rolleyes1.gif

I'll have to look up my sleeve and see what else I can do with those stained glass windows. :D
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2010
    I like #2 because it's a little darker then #3 and the windows pop more for this reason. but I would like to see it with no lights up top and the chairs out of the way, also with some human interaction. Perhaps at an angle where there is some rim light on a person. Just my thoughts while looking at it for a bit. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    i like 2 a lot...The 3rd version doesn't do much for me. But I agree with mark that it needs a little something more. they are pretty windows though
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    I agree with Nelson. Perhaps a single chair instead of stacks. Those overhead lights take away from the mood.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2010
    thumb.gif Thanks for your comments, folks. Looks like I need a reshoot.
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2010
    richtersl wrote:
    thumb.gif Thanks for your comments, folks. Looks like I need a reshoot.

I think the overhead lights are killing this photo! It has potential though...
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    I'm going against the grain here (no pun intended). I like #1 a lot. Its strong on texture, grain, color, contrast. Nice work.
    Mark
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2010
    Wow...I thought this thread was dead. Thanks for your comments liflander and rteest42 (love that user name!).

Have not had much of a chance since last weekend to get out with the camera or to play with crops. But I do have a chance today to get a few shots in before we get clobbered with a snowstorm. mwink.gif But that's provided I can leave work on time today. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    I like #2 best, but personally, I would crop as much as possible the lamps on the ceiling.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com