Options

Portrait Session at a Wedding

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited February 10, 2010 in Weddings
Since I haven't shot a wedding in almost two months, I haven't shared anything in a while. Yesterday I had the opportunity to shoot some portraits for a local photographer at her wedding. We had plans to travel up the snow (about 20 minutes away) after the reception, but changed our plans at the last minute and stayed in the rain. It is always an awesome thing to work with and for other photographers!

tanya_ryan-5.jpg

More on my blog at http://patrickpikefilms.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Nice one Patrick! The B&W and the umbrella shots from the blog are fantastic!
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2010
    Thanks Darren!
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    dude..those are sooo good.:D
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Alright master, how about some details on the setup for this one... I'm stumped! Flibbin beautiful btw!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    I said it once and I don't care if I say it again. iloveyou.gif the behind the glass one!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2010
    Thanks everyone! I've had a lot of questions about how I created the shot, so many that I'm about to do a separate blog post for photogs on how to do it. I'll keep you all posted. Hint: It's easier than you'd think.
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2010
    Thanks everyone! I've had a lot of questions about how I created the shot, so many that I'm about to do a separate blog post for photogs on how to do it. I'll keep you all posted. Hint: It's easier than you'd think.
    Hmmm... no hood and a business card over the center of the lens? had to make 1 stab in the dark!! Maybe a very small squeegee? Ha!

Your a good man Pat, thanks for sharing the knowledge and keep us posted.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2010
    Matt, you're close but over thinking it a bit. I posted a quick write up of that shot on my blog, along with how to do a simpler version of it that I did previously. Check it out and leave me a note!
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2010
    Ten you sneaky dog. You said it was in the rain! If it was rain it would have for sure been the squeegee! Seriously though, thanks for the details. That is a great idea and I will for sure try it when I get the chance. I just couldn't figure out how you got it to not rain in front of them! By all means, please post more setup stuff on your blog and give us a heads up here. Great stuff and VERY generous of you to share.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

• Options
    edited February 10, 2010
    Thanks Matt. I've gotten a few emails and requests, so I'm hoping to be able to share some insights like this again. I'll do my best to remember to take a setup shot next time to help things out too!
  • Options
    85Photobooth85Photobooth Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 10, 2010
    1970's cinema
    Reminds me of 70's Hollywood. Thanks for posting , very nice.

http://www.85photobooth.com

Since I haven't shot a wedding in almost two months, I haven't shared anything in a while. Yesterday I had the opportunity to shoot some portraits for a local photographer at her wedding. We had plans to travel up the snow (about 20 minutes away) after the reception, but changed our plans at the last minute and stayed in the rain. It is always an awesome thing to work with and for other photographers!

tanya_ryan-5.jpg

More on my blog at http://patrickpikefilms.blogspot.com/