Options

Here's my "Snow in D/FW" shots

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited February 26, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
We broke the record for snow in one day's time here in North Texas today. 11" at my house. I know you "snow" people laugh at that, but it's a big deal here!

Need to call Al Gore about that whole "Global Warming" thing :rofl
Randy

Comments

• Options
    TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Nice images. I like the "Snow Cat" and both of the "Street Lamps". They've forcasted 2-4" of snow here in Mobile, AL, by this afternoon, but I don't believe it. I grew up in "snow country" and this just ain't right.
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Morning Randy,

Really fun shots, love the ones of the Gus running, he looks like he's really
    enjoying the Record Snowfall.

Love that Snow-Cat, really turned out neat, and your shooting and processing always is a great treat to see.

Stay warm and dry today!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Ha ha, the dog pics had me laughing, looks like a real character. Love the process you did to some of those
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    I wondered who'd post the first shots of snow in DFW! Love the whole series, Randy, and it looks like fun. I grew up in snow country and would love to see some. We had 5 mins of sleet here earlier in the week, otherwise just rain and overcast. There's even snow in Montgomery AL, where I used to live . . . I truly love snow and cold, so I gotta move someplace else!

Have fun!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Randy,

Nice snow shots. You dog looks like a happy camper.

Sam
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2010
    Nice images. I like the "Snow Cat" and both of the "Street Lamps". They've forcasted 2-4" of snow here in Mobile, AL, by this afternoon, but I don't believe it. I grew up in "snow country" and this just ain't right.

If you get 2-4" of snow, you'll just have to build a really short snowman rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for commenting Tango
    Randy
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2010
    Panther wrote:
    Morning Randy,

Really fun shots, love the ones of the Gus running, he looks like he's really
    enjoying the Record Snowfall.

Love that Snow-Cat, really turned out neat, and your shooting and processing always is a great treat to see.

Stay warm and dry today!!!

Gus seems to think that he's a bowling ball and your the pins. You've got to stay out of his way!

I'm ready to see some of your snow shots Craig thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2010
    Roadkill wrote:
    Ha ha, the dog pics had me laughing, looks like a real character. Love the process you did to some of those

If by character you mean "nutcase", I'd certainly agree rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Roadkill
    Randy
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2010
    redleash wrote:
    I wondered who'd post the first shots of snow in DFW! Love the whole series, Randy, and it looks like fun. I grew up in snow country and would love to see some. We had 5 mins of sleet here earlier in the week, otherwise just rain and overcast. There's even snow in Montgomery AL, where I used to live . . . I truly love snow and cold, so I gotta move someplace else!

Have fun!

Lauren

Hey Lauren,

Actually Devin beat me in posting the first DFW snow shots.

You still have time to get here to play in the snow. Better hurry though, this is Texas, so that means it might be 89 degrees tomorrow rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2010
    Sam wrote:
    Randy,

Nice snow shots. You dog looks like a happy camper.

Sam

Hey Sam,

If you mean happy camper as in "nutcase", I'd agree. You guys catching a certain theme here about Gus? rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking and commenting Sam!
    Randy
  • Options
    TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    rwells wrote:
    If you get 2-4" of snow, you'll just have to build a really short snowman rolleyes1.gif

That's funny right there, I don't care who y'are rolleyes1.gif ! Well about an hour ago it was coming down like big downy feathers, but it only lasted for about 20 minutes, only accumulating on the windshields and tops of cars. They're still talking about more though.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2010
    That's funny right there, I don't care who y'are rolleyes1.gif ! Well about an hour ago it was coming down like big downy feathers, but it only lasted for about 20 minutes, only accumulating on the windshields and tops of cars. They're still talking about more though.

Enjoy your snow while it's there!
    Randy
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Wonderful photos Randy thumb.gif Your streetlight ones are beautiful.

Your dog is a "hoot". So much energy. I always say a dog playing in snow is like a kid jumping on a bed -- pure joy wings.gif
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    Better you all than us. rolleyes1.gifI love Texas. Hope your enjoying it. :D
    Man, we haven't seen 11" of snow here in the valley from one
    storm for ages. Not that I'm old enough to know. :D

Gotta say Gus is daunting in appearance with that wild look of his.
    Good doggie. Sit... stay. Jeeze, don't kill me.

Nice pictures. Lots of fun happening.
    The first one with the yard lite has sweet features as do several others.
    Michael
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    Need to call Al Gore about that whole "Global Warming" thing rolleyes1.gif

If you haven't seen the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" you need to watch it. While it is a little exaggerrated (all hollywood movies are) it still shows what can happen and why, if we don't do anything about global warming. I had done a google search on the movie, and found a few posts from scientists that state that while the movie was over done, a lot of the things in the movie could happen. From what is in the movie, and what I've read online, we'll be going into another ice age in the future, ne_nau.gif

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    Randy, I wish I'd driven up to FW yesterday . . . it's sunny and 60 here in San Antonio today. We seem to be one of the few spots in the country with nary a flake of snow. :cry
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Beautiful pictures. Very awesome family memories caught in the snow. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2010
    Hey guys/gals,

sorry for not catching some of the later comments, as I always appreciate anyones comments.

Thanks!
    Randy