Options

Best LR2 reference manual?

Daddy0Daddy0 Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited February 14, 2010 in Finishing School
I just purchased LR2 and would like to know what the best reference/how to manual for LR2 that is out right now. I am new to post processing and would like a manual that will explain the basics and still be a good reference manual as I get more proficient.

Thanks,
Jimmie D.
www.focusedonyourmemories.com

What you see depends on what you're looking for.

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited February 13, 2010
    "The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom2 Book for Digital Photographers" by none other than Scott Kelby is very good, and where I would start. It will get you off to a good start, and there are some ways you want to start a database program like Lightroom, and some you do not. Scott will get you started right. It is written for a Mac interface is that is critical to you. The commands are basically the same in Windows or OS X

"Adobe Photoshop Lightroom2 - A Digital Photographer's Guide" by David Huss and David Plotkin is very good also. Uses the Windows interface, rather than a Mac, if that is important

'Adobe Photoshop Lightroom2 HOW-TOs 100 Essential Techniques" by Chris Orwig is a good reference manual, but not a great place to start.

To be honest, I rather preferred the video done by Michael Reichman and Jeffe Schewe - Luminous Landscape Guide to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Far more entertaining and quite instructive to watch Jeffe Schewe actually edit images in LR2 onscreen.

All are good.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Daddy0Daddy0 Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    I am using XP Pro right now until I can save up enough for a Mac. I will look into the video first and then the windows based books.

Thanks a lot for the info,
    Jimmie D.
    www.focusedonyourmemories.com

What you see depends on what you're looking for.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited February 13, 2010
    I think that is a good place to start.

Be aware that Jeffe wears loud Hawaiian shirts and rides motorcycles:D

He was also a very successful commercial photographer, and now works as a consultant for Adobe. The repartee between him and Michael I find entertaining.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    CynthiaMCynthiaM Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    Daddy0 wrote:
    I just purchased LR2 and would like to know what the best reference/how to manual for LR2 that is out right now. I am new to post processing and would like a manual that will explain the basics and still be a good reference manual as I get more proficient.

Thanks,

Agree that the Luminous Landscape videos are terrific.