Options

#44 are we there yet?? cc needed....

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited February 15, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok I put my brain to work and this is what I came up with today with my dd and her dog. Of these which do you think is better? Your input is appreciated.

1c. 787509223_n5ghK-L.jpg

2b. clarified filter...
787508544_WrLmt-L.jpg

EDIT:
I really liked 1 but yes I agree the background was distracting. So cropt the image and added a black layer mask to cover the background. Do you like this one better than the final 2c edit?

2c.
787796778_SCacw-L.jpg

Edit2
1d. 787796553_pn4hm-L.jpg final788150241_5bTQm-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    Hi JAG,
    I like your processing on 1c best, but I like the second shot better.

In the first three, I kind of lose what I'm looking at.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    I prefer #2. Of those, I can't tell enough of a difference on the monitor I am looking at just now to have an opinion. Love the shot. You can feel the relationship between the two.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    I love your 2nd shot, and of the two, at least on my monitor, 2b looks better for a silhouette. A special moment caught...clap.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2010
    ok I added some edits at the top and removed the ones that I am sure I wont use. My numbering system got a little out of order but they are the next in line. What do you all think now??
  • Options
    DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    2c looks like the best one to me...just looks smoother and more like Silhouette on my screen...

All great shots !
  • Options
    meandirenemeandirene Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    I like 2b the best, for the mood of the picture, but not sure it will meet everyone's definition of a silhouette. A close second would then be 1b.

But I also have to congratulate you on working through the funk you were in. clap.gif

In you last post you were pretty frustrated and took some pretty hard nocks. But you came back with much better shots this time. Good work.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2010
    I still prefer the same one, now it is #2c
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2010
    Now I'm liking 1d with bg fixed. 2c us a close second.

It will be interesting to see if the judges accept this as a silhouette since there is still detail in the child and dog. For me, I love that such a small amount of detail and color makes the difference in whether I which "get" the pictures.

Whatever, I really like what you have done here. You have some keepers here.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    15524779-Ti.gif 1d
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2010
    thank you all so much for your input! Actually I have Justiceiro to thank for the insperation of this type of sillouetting. On my other thread he put the word Chiaroscuro and I looked it up HERE. Although I would not consider all the images 'sillouettes' that were given as the examples, it gave me insperation enough as I am an artist who uses photography as one part of my medium.

I think I will work more on the 1d as it has some possibilities of being awesome. Whether the judges agree or not...its that I finally got a spark back and need to make it grow into a glowing amber to a raging fire. Isn't that what these challenges are about?iloveyou.gif

Edit:
    I have added the final version in the main post.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    I like final! The bright outlines against the completely dark BG.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2010
    Looks great with the black background....glad you got your "groove" back!
    Karin

• Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Love your current submission, JAG!
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    edited February 15, 2010
    Way to go, Joyce!! Brava.:ivar :ivar :ivar

Virginia

Email