WOW!
    I love the idea!
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Well executed. I really like this one. I would have maybe tried to position their heads in such a way as to minimize her nose. It looks a little out of proportion in this shot. Even so, it is beautiful.

Caroline
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Thanks for the comments!

I here you on the nose, a profile of her was probably not the best angle, but it is her. I had a couple more angles not showing her nose as much, but chose this one because I liked her smile and the focus was a bit better on the ring.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Cool shot.
    For me the couples faces are to large in the photo and they are too blurred.
    Again just for my eye...with shots like this I prefer the ring to be more dominant in the picture and the couple would be much further off in the background not quite so out of focus.

It took me a couple seconds to recognize that those were faces.
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    zoomer wrote:
    Cool shot.
    Again just for my eye...with shots like this I prefer the ring to be more dominant in the picture and the couple would be much further off in the background not quite so out of focus.

15524779-Ti.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    Mark1123Mark1123 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Good idea...nice composition!
    If you never know an enemy, how do you understand the worth of a friend?
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    zoomer wrote:
    Cool shot.
    **snip**

that's actually what I like about it! it is a pretty ring shot and the faces are an incidental. I like the comp and the need to take a hard look before you realize what is really there! Just a snap though... as she balances the ring on the rose! mwink.gif

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    zoomer wrote:
    Cool shot.

I would liked to have had the ring a little more dominant as well, but I had a 70-200 on in a very busy room. I kinda liked the close crop of them showing just enough expression, but like you said thats just my eye. Thanks for the detailed comments, definitely stuff to think about in the future.
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    mmmatt wrote:
    that's actually what I like about it! it is a pretty ring shot and the faces are an incidental. I like the comp and the need to take a hard look before you realize what is really there! Just a snap though... as she balances the ring on the rose! mwink.gif

Matt

Haha I think you just called my a girlmwink.gif

It really was quick thing. I had my 70-200 sitting on the couch taking some sniper shots of my kids, wife, friends. Then someone said I should take a photo of the ring, and a photo was born:D

It can still be a snap with a lovely assistant holding a flash camera right though rightrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    cj99si wrote:
    Haha I think you just called my a girlmwink.gif

It really was quick thing. I had my 70-200 sitting on the couch taking some sniper shots of my kids, wife, friends. Then someone said I should take a photo of the ring, and a photo was born:D

It can still be a snap with a lovely assistant holding a flash camera right though rightrolleyes1.gif

Dude I am so sorry!!!! You need an avi with more face. Please forgive that stupid assumption! CJ is unisex and you have no nose with longish hair. I'm really sorry about that!

Anyone else want to make a gender distinction before I embarrass myself again? It's bound to happen!!!

Well, I do like the shot FWIW!

matt
    My Smugmug site

Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    mmmatt wrote:
    Dude I am so sorry!!!! You need an avi with more face. Please forgive that stupid assumption! CJ is unisex and you have no nose with longish hair. I'm really sorry about that!

Anyone else want to make a gender distinction before I embarrass myself again? It's bound to happen!!!

Well, I do like the shot FWIW!

matt

I guess I need to start typing more masculine type things:D

My avatar is one of my daughters, guess I should change itrolleyes1.gif

Heres me.
    790634954_NZHti-M.jpg

My first and only attempt at a SP a couple months ago.
  • Options
    TEphotosTEphotos Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    Very cool shot!!
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    TEphotos wrote:
    Very cool shot!!
    Agreed!

See, now that pic in your avi looks to me like an adult female pointing her finger like a gun, like a "shooting" reference for photography. I get it now, and yup I feel like an idiot! Oh well, that is something I am quite versed in!!!

I usually just assume peoples avis are picks of themselves but that is certainly a foolish assumption now that I think about it!!! It was a while before I realized Swartzy's picture wasn't his own and that is a full face shot of his kid!

So again I'm sorry, and leave it if you like. I'm sure most people get it.

And lastly a note to Heatherfeather to say thanks for the gender conformation pm, I'm glad that we have now confirmed that you are indeed a girl. :D ...and a smartass!iloveyou.gif

Matt
    My Smugmug site

• Options
    edited February 19, 2010
    mmmatt wrote:
    Agreed!

See, now that pic in your avi looks to me like an adult female pointing her finger like a gun, like a "shooting" reference for photography. I get it now, and yup I feel like an idiot! Oh well, that is something I am quite versed in!!!

I usually just assume peoples avis are picks of themselves but that is certainly a foolish assumption now that I think about it!!! It was a while before I realized Swartzy's picture wasn't his own and that is a full face shot of his kid!

So again I'm sorry, and leave it if you like. I'm sure most people get it.

And lastly a note to Heatherfeather to say thanks for the gender conformation pm, I'm glad that we have now confirmed that you are indeed a girl. :D ...and a smartass!iloveyou.gif

Matt

So you called Heather a dude? rolleyes1.gif I think Swatzys picture is his grandson. She does look kinda old in that picture though with all the attitude. She was sick of me talking photos of her, I think she was 2.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2010
    TEphotos wrote:
    Very cool shot!!

you've got me curious now, are you referring to the ring photo or my SP? Thanks either way!
  • Options
    JheyerckJheyerck Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    cj99si wrote:
    Thoughts? To cliche?

788994171_C5vu8-M-1.jpg

I didn't recognize the faces at first. maybe too big, But I loved the photo and concept in general. Very nice
    -Jessica♥, Learning
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2010
    cj99si wrote:
    So you called Heather a dude? rolleyes1.gif I think Swatzys picture is his grandson. She does look kinda old in that picture though with all the attitude. She was sick of me talking photos of her, I think she was 2.

NO! I knew Heather was a she! She was being a smartass so I called her out on it. Of course I also knew that about her... As for swartzy's pic, yeah that just proves I'm a dork. I really just assume avi pics are of the poster and honestly don't look closely enough at them to really pay attention. On a 1920x1080 screen the avi pics are pretty small. I always took it as a way to identify yourself but obviously that isn't what people do. Even when you first called me out on it, you can see from my stumpling post I STILL thought it was you! That is funny that she is only 2 there... I amaze even myself sometimes!!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site