Options

44 - Dabbling my foot in the game

MakeroftoysMakeroftoys Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited February 20, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
So here's my first attempt at a DSS-worthy shot. It's a candid, not posed.

C+C welcome, but kindly concentrate on PP or 'next time'; no reshoot possible.

Can someone tell me where to find the size guidelines for posting to the actual gallery? I know I read it somewhere, but now I can't find it.

IMG_0925_acoustics.JPG

I would have liked (couldashouldwouldaoughta) to have more DOF, and backed away a bit to get the whole figure and her fiddle in the windows.. . . there was a wall where I wanted to shoot from.

Comments

• Options
    DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    I can't find the thread either (sorry) but I can tell you that I love your photo!

It's really great ! I like the silhouette of her hair and the colorful background.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Now that we upload our photos to a gallery, size is not a concern like it used to be when we posted our entries into a discussion thread. Anything larger than 800px on its longest side will work fine. If you go into the entry gallery and click on the information button for each photo (hover over the photo with your cursor to see it), you can see the exif information, which includes sizes. For example, my entry has a file size of 6.5 meg and its dimensions are 2400px x 3600px. The "magic" of Smugmug sees to it that it is properly sized for viewing on the computer screen. :D

Challenges rules can be found here.
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2010
    Nice shot. I actually like it with the blurred windows. One nit regarding the challenge is that all the detail is actually visible in the violinist, so you may want to darken her somehow.
  • Options
    MakeroftoysMakeroftoys Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2010
    rainbow wrote:
    Nice shot. I actually like it with the blurred windows. One nit regarding the challenge is that all the detail is actually visible in the violinist, so you may want to darken her somehow.

Yeah, I saw that once I uploaded the file. . . I habitually add about 1/2 - 1 stop when I make a .jpg on the assumption that I'm going to have it printed . . . I gotta break that habit.

I'll reconvertand see how much lower I can take her. . . but at the moment, I'm having trouble making my visualization translate to pixels.

Linda- Thanks for clearing the size question up.