Options

FS: EOS 650 film camera & extras

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited February 24, 2010 in House of Canon
Good Afternoon Folks,
I'm selling an old EOS 650 film camera, along with 4 rolls of expired film ( I guess they are still good to use :dunno ) an LL Bean holster case, and a brand new battery. The camera is functional. The case will hold the camera with a 70-210 4.0 lens. There is a roll of film in the camera, but I have no idea what is on it or how long it has been in the camera. If anyone's curiosity gets the best of them and wants to know what's on the film, the whole outfit can be bought for $65, including shipping in the Con US. Thanks for looking :thumb
Have a good and safe afternoon :D

Comments

• Options
    edited February 5, 2010
    Good Evening Folks,
    For those who pm'ed me regarding the LL Bean holster, I don't know that much about it, and I couldn't find any information on it. It's about 9'' long, and slightly less then 5'' high at the opening. I'll sell it separate for $25 shipped if anyone is interested. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Have a good evening :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    I may be interested in the bag. Would you be willing to do some more checking on what it will hold for me (and anyone else interested)? I assume that there is a way to set up strap around your waist rather than just over your shoulder. I have a similar no name one that I used with a EOS 620 film camera and the original Canon 28-70 3.5-4.5 lens (which I still have). BUT my Canon D60 ( yes — that is right the model preceding the 10D) with grip, and for example, the Tamron 17-50 2.8 will not fit. I also have an old 200mm M42 telephoto which I sometimes use with an adapter that is around 6¼" long. If I were to have my 2X tel-converter on in addition to the 200 it would be about another 1¾" long.

Thanks
    Jane B.
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Evening Folks,
    For those who pm'ed me regarding the LL Bean holster, I don't know that much about it, and I couldn't find any information on it. It's about 9'' long, and slightly less then 5'' high at the opening. I'll sell it separate for $25 shipped if anyone is interested. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2010
    Jane B. wrote:
    I may be interested in the bag. Would you be willing to do some more checking on what it will hold for me (and anyone else interested)? I assume that there is a way to set up strap around your waist rather than just over your shoulder. I have a similar no name one that I used with a EOS 620 film camera and the original Canon 28-70 3.5-4.5 lens (which I still have). BUT my Canon D60 ( yes — that is right the model preceding the 10D) with grip, and for example, the Tamron 17-50 2.8 will not fit. I also have an old 200mm M42 telephoto which I sometimes use with an adapter that is around 6¼" long. If I were to have my 2X tel-converter on in addition to the 200 it would be about another 1¾" long.

Thanks
    Jane B.

Good Morning Jane,
    I'll check it in a little while. Right now I'm in the middle of shoveling out from 20'' of snow. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2010
    Take it easy there is NO hurry for me! You do bring back memories of when we got that kind of amount in Centralia, IL. That was 40 years ago give or take a year or so and I will do very well if we never get that amount again! Although I did get some very good home made soup out of the deal as a neighbor, her boyfriend and I shoveled together and she shared the soup she had made.

Jane B.
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Morning Jane,
    I'll check it in a little while. Right now I'm in the middle of shoveling out from 20'' of snow. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2010
    Jane B. wrote:
    Take it easy there is NO hurry for me! You do bring back memories of when we got that kind of amount in Centralia, IL. That was 40 years ago give or take a year or so and I will do very well if we never get that amount again! Although I did get some very good home made soup out of the deal as a neighbor, her boyfriend and I shoveled together and she shared the soup she had made.

Jane B.
    Good Evening Jane,
    Here's the senario mwink.gif You should be able to fit the D60 attached to the Tamron 17-50 or the 200mm M42. The grip may fit separately behind your D60, but not attached. Your 2x tc would fit in the compartment on top. Since I'm a nice guy and a professional shoveler rolleyes1.gifI'll let you try the case for a week if you want. If it doesn't fit to your liking, then I'll return your money. I'll even pick up the $5 shipping if you decide to return it.
    Have a good and safe evening :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2010
    Glad to hear you survived — so far — I saw on TV though that there is likely more coming the middle of the week for you!

Puzzled by where you mean by behind my D60. But, that messes up the deal as it is the grip that keeps me from making use of what I have. It is the thought of having the grip on that got me interested. I have been leaving the grip on all the time and really like it for vertical shots and extra resting place for the little finger.

Jane B.
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Evening Jane,
    Here's the senario mwink.gif You should be able to fit the D60 attached to the Tamron 17-50 or the 200mm M42. The grip may fit separately behind your D60, but not attached. Your 2x tc would fit in the compartment on top. Since I'm a nice guy and a professional shoveler rolleyes1.gifI'll let you try the case for a week if you want. If it doesn't fit to your liking, then I'll return your money. I'll even pick up the $5 shipping if you decide to return it.
    Have a good and safe evening :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2010
    Jane B. wrote:
    Glad to hear you survived — so far — I saw on TV though that there is likely more coming the middle of the week for you!

Puzzled by where you mean by behind my D60. But, that messes up the deal as it is the grip that keeps me from making use of what I have. It is the thought of having the grip on that got me interested. I have been leaving the grip on all the time and really like it for vertical shots and extra resting place for the little finger.

Jane B.
    Good Evening Jane,
    Yes, there is another storm heading our way late Tuesday or Wednesday. I can't imagine that it will be anything like this weekend, but you never know.
    If you don't want to separate the grip from the body, then that's fine thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2010
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Afternoon Folks,
    I'm selling an old EOS 650 film camera, along with 4 rolls of expired film ( I guess they are still good to use ne_nau.gif ) an LL Bean holster case, and a brand new battery. The camera is functional. The case will hold the camera with a 70-210 4.0 lens. There is a roll of film in the camera, but I have no idea what is on it or how long it has been in the camera. If anyone's curiosity gets the best of them and wants to know what's on the film, the whole outfit can be bought for $65, including shipping in the Con US. Thanks for looking thumb.gif

UPDATE

Good Afternoon Folks,
    I'm getting a little tired of seeing this camera and case sitting on the shelf, so I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do mwink.gif I'll sell the above items AND the 70-210mm f/4.0 lens all for the bundled package price of $110 shipped in the CON US. It's like getting the camera and case for free when you buy the lens. For those who still use film, or even a photography student, this is a very good deal. This is a package deal only. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Have a good and safe day :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2010
    #2...
  • Options
    MGJuliusMGJulius Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    Do you have a price or an existing thread on the EF 70-210mm alone? I've been looking for a good and affordable telephoto lens.

Thanks,
    MGJulius
    Taking pictures and enjoying life, who could ask for anything more?
    http://stefanschnake.com
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2010
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    UPDATE

Good Afternoon Folks,
    I'm getting a little tired of seeing this camera and case sitting on the shelf, so I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do mwink.gif I'll sell the above items AND the 70-210mm f/4.0 lens all for the bundled package price of $110 shipped in the CON US. It's like getting the camera and case for free when you buy the lens. For those who still use film, or even a photography student, this is a very good deal. This is a package deal only. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Have a good and safe day :D
    Jim...

Glad to see you survived ALL the snow not just the first storm to hit your area.

Since we already know from our exchange earlier in this thread that the bag does not fit the gear I would want to put in it, I have a counter proposal for you. I would meet your asking price of $110 (had remembered it as $100 though) but ask you to take the camera and bag to The Salvation Army, Goodwill, or some other such organization in you area if it would save me shipping cost on items I do not want. The camera could do well for someone that wants to shoot film; but I still have my EOS 620 from that same era. Thus, I don’t need a very similar film camera.

Thanks any consideration you can give this offer.
    Jane B.

Edit - PS

Just realized that the $110 is a shipped price so there would be no additional charge because of the weight and size of the package if it includes the camera and bag as well as the lens! If that is the case, I will take the combo and give away the unwanted items here.

Jane B.
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2010
    MGJulius wrote:
    Do you have a price or an existing thread on the EF 70-210mm alone? I've been looking for a good and affordable telephoto lens.

Thanks,
    MGJulius

Good Morning,
    Here is the original thread: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=156843 If you are interested in the 'bundled' package, then it's yours for $110 shipped in the CON US, money order only. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2010
    Good Morning Jane,
    For some reason, I can't respond directly to your post. It keeps saying I'm 1 character short rolleyes1.gif Any way, MCJulius posted ahead of you, so I am offering the package to him first. If he does not want it, then it's yours for $110 shipped in the Con US, money order only. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • Options
    MGJuliusMGJulius Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2010
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Morning Jane,
    For some reason, I can't respond directly to your post. It keeps saying I'm 1 character short rolleyes1.gif Any way, MCJulius posted ahead of you, so I am offering the package to him first. If he does not want it, then it's yours for $110 shipped in the Con US, money order only. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...

Hey,

Jane seems way more interested in the lens than I am and I don't really need to be spending money on a lens anyway, so go ahead sell the lens to her.

Thanks,
    MGJulius
    Taking pictures and enjoying life, who could ask for anything more?
    http://stefanschnake.com
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2010
    MGJulius wrote:
    Hey,

Jane seems way more interested in the lens than I am and I don't really need to be spending money on a lens anyway, so go ahead sell the lens to her.

Thanks,
    MGJulius
    Good Morning,
    Will do. Thanks.
    Jim...,
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2010
    Sale pending :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2010
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Afternoon Folks,
    I'm selling an old EOS 650 film camera, along with 4 rolls of expired film ( I guess they are still good to use ne_nau.gif ) an LL Bean holster case, and a brand new battery. The camera is functional. The case will hold the camera with a 70-210 4.0 lens. There is a roll of film in the camera, but I have no idea what is on it or how long it has been in the camera. If anyone's curiosity gets the best of them and wants to know what's on the film, the whole outfit can be bought for $65, including shipping in the Con US. Thanks for looking thumb.gif

Good Evening Folks,
    While the sale of the lens and camera case is pending, the camera itself is not for sale at this time. The owner of the 'bundled package', a good friend of mine, is the lead singer of the band Vagus. He called me earlier and asked if I still had the camera. Apparently, the film in the camera has pictures of the band playing in New York last year. They recently signed a record contract, and he intends to sell the pictures in the camera at some point in time.
    Years ago, back in the late 70's, I dated a young lady who said she had pictures of an English band performing in Baltimore back in the 60's, at the old Civic Center. She didn't know who they were at the time. I almost fainted when she showed me the pictures. She had at least 16 original polaroids of John, Paul, George and Ringo.
    Jim...