Options

Suggestion for Email Galleries

flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited May 21, 2004 in SmugMug Support
My wireless provider insists on attaching what is essentially a text advertisement to the bottom of each photo message I send via my phone.

My suggestion for Smugmug is to allow a member to specify a text string that can be stripped whenever a photo message is received, so that it doesn't show up in the photo caption.

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited May 20, 2004
    My wireless provider insists on attaching what is essentially a text advertisement to the bottom of each photo message I send via my phone.

My suggestion for Smugmug is to allow a member to specify a text string that can be stripped whenever a photo message is received, so that it doesn't show up in the photo caption.
    Hmm... Good idea. Thanks for letting us know about that.
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2004

Hey flyingpylon --

Yeah, I noticed that T-Mobile does that annoying thing to me too. And I think such an option from Smugmug would be great. But I couldn't wait, so I recently hacked together my own solution:

My web/email provider, Pair.com gives me a lot of control over mail coming to my domains. They run the qmail mail server and also have the procmail filterg tools available.

So I was able to set up an address, let's say, smug@mydomain.com. It automatically gets filtered through a procmail script which strips out the offending "This message was sent from a T-Mobile wireless phone" footer. The script then forwards the mail to myname@email.smugmug.com

If you have your own domain and your provider allows you to run scripts for your e-mail, I'd be happy to post my "recipes".

--Darryl
  • Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2004
    Darryl-

Thanks for the message. My first thought was to do what you described, but then I thought surely there must be others with the same problem... and wouldn't it be easier for smugmug to do it for me??? mwink.gif

In the meantime, I will probably explore what I can do on my end when I have some time. Thanks again.