Options

Mozilla

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited May 21, 2004 in Finishing School
There definately seems to be a problem with Mozilla (I use firefox) not displaying pictures, anybody got any idea what the problem is?:dunno

.....and how to resolve it?

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2004
    Mozilla, Safari
    I'm using Mozilla 1.6, on Red Hat, at my work machine, and I can see photos fine.

Now, at home with Safari I have problems in forum edit boxes (like the very one I'm typing in right now). The problem is that the keys have some reasonable lag before they show up in the box.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    There definately seems to be a problem with Mozilla (I use firefox) not displaying pictures, anybody got any idea what the problem is?ne_nau.gif
    The problem is not Mozilla/firefox it is a network/caching issue that seems to be specific to SM and dgrin
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2004
    As I said once before, I used to have that problem as well (Firebird/XP.) Then I told the Zone Alarm firewall to allow my computer to make "svchost.exe" connections to the internet, and since then, all pics have appeared. Dunno anything about anything, except that things have changed.

Nigritude Ultramarine
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2004
    I ended up ditching Firefox and going back to my tried-and-true Moz. The Fox is just too buggy for my taste.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    I ended up ditching Firefox and going back to my tried-and-true Moz. The Fox is just too buggy for my taste.
    Must be a platform thing. On the Mac, Firefox is clearly the best.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2004
    I've been using Firebird/Firefox for a while now. I haven't had any real problems. The configurations I work with:
    • Firefox + Zone Alarm on XP Pro
    • Firefox on Win 98 SE
    • Firefox on XP Home
    • Firebird on Win 2k
    One site that is always buggy is gamespot.com. I get a strange strobing effect whenever a page is loading. As soon as the page is loaded, the strobing goes away. In addition sometimes the page will render incorrectly, with the main column of the page pushed way over to the right ne_nau.gif