Options

TAX time...accountant, tax place???

deegeedeegee Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited February 28, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
This will be my first year filing as sole proprietor. Usually my hubs does our taxes, but this year with paying the state sales tax it seems like it might get a bit complicated. I kept great records, I'm just wondering if an accountant is best for this years taxes? How much do they usually $ run to do yearly income taxes? I'm not a fan of the H&RBlock type places, but does anyone find they know just as much for small businesses?

I just want to do things properly and not spend all I earned! :)

Thanks,
deegee

Comments

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    mi dad pays something around 150$ to his tax adviser..

.I will be registering a business on Thursday, so I can let you know all the hassle if you like.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    OhiohikerOhiohiker Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    Look Local
    Use a local CPA or book keeper. H&R and the like dry up after the tax season and the person that does your taxes may not be there next year. My accountant, though not a CPA, guarantees his work. That means he will be there if I am ever audited and if he makes an error he pays the bill.

Just look through your yellow pages, call them, and ask questions. Some may want you to use Quickbooks or the like to track everything. That way you can just take a copy of your files to them and they can do their magic.

Also you may contact your state tax department and see if they have a list of tax agents in your area. These agents usually go to yearly training on changes to the laws that may affect you.
  • Options
    deegeedeegee Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    Thanks for the info! :)