Options

45 - Nature Hike

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited March 2, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I know nobody feels for selective color.............but this one just seemed too........

Do ya see the theme?
797006660_cGhCF-XL.jpg

Or

Not Yet Ready
797859175_6nvA6-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    In this case I think it works well for the theme setting the two environments APART
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    I think I can see what you are aiming for, I presume that the intent is to delineate the colourful countryside from the monotone urban area, which is an interesting idea, unfortunately its not working for me:

1. My eye expects (wants) the most interesting area of countryside (the mountains in the background) to be in colour (the sky too) - thus surrounding the bland urban area.

2. I like what you've done with the partly desaturated houses on the fringe of the countryside, but my eye is drawn to the aberrant pockets of desaturated colour in the midst of the urban monochrome (there's one just in front of the skyscrapers). These not only drag my eye around the image (like a game of spot the difference) but detract from the "message" that I feel the image is trying to convey (or that I want the image to convey with the apartness inferred by the monochrome/colour juxtaposition). Ok that was wordy & probably over-thought so you can take this with a wagon load of salt if you so desire.:D
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    AndMan wrote:
    I think I can see what you are aiming for, I presume that the intent is to delineate the colourful countryside from the monotone urban area, which is an interesting idea, unfortunately its not working for me:

1. My eye expects (wants) the most interesting area of countryside (the mountains in the background) to be in colour (the sky too) - thus surrounding the bland urban area.

2. I like what you've done with the partly desaturated houses on the fringe of the countryside, but my eye is drawn to the aberrant pockets of desaturated colour in the midst of the urban monochrome (there's one just in front of the skyscrapers). These not only drag my eye around the image (like a game of spot the difference) but detract from the "message" that I feel the image is trying to convey (or that I want the image to convey with the apartness inferred by the monochrome/colour juxtaposition). Ok that was wordy & probably over-thought so you can take this with a wagon load of salt if you so desire.:D

appreciate all this and yes it helps.
    to much blue haze in mtns to bring them out with PP work I did. It's not really desaturated, I only removed the blue channel which is of course why you still see some hint of color.
    I still there actually OK shots but will most likely go in another direction for the Challenge.

Thanks again for all time you put into your reply and of course my thanks tho everyone who views/replies.