Options

Assistance please

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited July 13, 2005 in SmugMug Support
My site looks fine at home and i cleaned the cache, viewed throught IE 6 and Firefox. At work, even after clearing cache, I get a white background (my default is black) with no logo, and everything is pushed left.

I'd expect this with IE because the standard here is still 5.5. But I'm getting it in Firefox also. My guess is this is due to smug mug being blocked. I access the site via cname, and the settings are probably accessed in the smug mug domain and thus blocked for me here.

Just to be on the safe side, will someone please visit my site and make sure everything looks right?

It's simple, but hopefully in the coming month, I'll have it looking more professional. I'm still pounding the books on CSS and javascript.:D

http://galleries.creativekhaos.com

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 13, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Just to be on the safe side, will someone please visit my site and make sure everything looks right?

It's simple, but hopefully in the coming month, I'll have it looking more professional. I'm still pounding the books on CSS and javascript.:D

http://galleries.creativekhaos.com

Thanks.
    Hi :)

I checked it here from work, using WinXP and Firefox, and also IE 6, and it looks right. Love your header image!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    Everything is in the middle when I look at it with safari on tiger.
    A comment on your for sale pics though, they put me off because the word PROOF is really centered and BIG...
    I thought there were less intrusive ways to tell people that they are looking at proofs. I can not get a clear view of the pic with that word in it. I might be overly sensitive, but if there is more like me, they will not buy it because they too are bugged by the disruption in the middle... Just my 2cents here
    :D
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    I know for a fact that smugmug domains are blocked from my work and your site is all messed up for me (but it is centered). I have the same problem so I made it so all of the images I use on my site use my redirected domain www.mikelanephotography.com/whatever/whatever.jpg instead of mikelane.smugmug.com/whatever... you get the idea...

Not sure if that is possible for you, but that's what I do.

Mike
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    Thanks all.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    photocat wrote:
    Everything is in the middle when I look at it with safari on tiger.
    A comment on your for sale pics though, they put me off because the word PROOF is really centered and BIG...
    I thought there were less intrusive ways to tell people that they are looking at proofs. I can not get a clear view of the pic with that word in it. I might be overly sensitive, but if there is more like me, they will not buy it because they too are bugged by the disruption in the middle... Just my 2cents here
    :D
    I hear you. I believe they are working on a custom water marking feature. However, if you look at the shot, you'll notice links to see it in a simulated frame without the watermark and also in it's original gallery at a lower res without the watermark.

Currently this is the only way I know how to have a full res image available for purchase and to protect it as well as possible.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate hearing it.thumb.gif