edited March 3, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Universal Studios, Orlando - Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls ride 2010/3/1

800167107_Uh4zb-XL.jpg
Nikon D300 w/Nikkor 135mm f2.8 Qc

Comments

• Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    Sweet cap. I've stood on that bridge when the ride vehicle comes down; it's definitely a wet zone near a very wet ride.

IOA appears to have been utterly deserted today.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    aerialphotoaerialphoto Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    Sweet cap. I've stood on that bridge when the ride vehicle comes down; it's definitely a wet zone near a very wet ride.

IOA appears to have been utterly deserted today.

Never been there. Not yet, anyway.

The parks are pretty much in the lull between the new-year's holiday season and spring break, plus they might be a little lean with the economy. Mid to late March everything starts picking up through the end of April.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2010
    I think IOA will have an exceptionally good spring and summer this year, once the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens. I forget when the opening ceremony is scheduled, but that would be a great day to schedule an overflight for photos.

Do you own your own aircraft, or do you rent, or do you just take one of the local aerial tours when you want to shoot some pics? I've been wanting to take one of those heli-tours for years, but I never seem to fnd the time when I'm in Orlando.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2010
    The Harry Potter area is supposed to be open in May. They're working hard on it.

800165547_ukBVb-L.jpg

I'm in the aerial photography business but not this kind of photography; the "out the window" pretty picture stuff is strictly for fun - unless someone requests it as an add-on to our regular work. We have our own aircraft and operate with a 2-person crew.
  • Options
    wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    The first image is nice and sharp with excellent composition.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2010
    The Harry Potter area is supposed to be open in May. They're working hard on it.

I'm in the aerial photography business but not this kind of photography; the "out the window" pretty picture stuff is strictly for fun - unless someone requests it as an add-on to our regular work. We have our own aircraft and operate with a 2-person crew.

I see from your gallery that you take orthophotos. I use orthos all the time in my work; I work for an engineering company, making maps in CAD and GIS.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    Love the look from above like this. A treat to get this perspective. :D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    I see from your gallery that you take orthophotos. I use orthos all the time in my work; I work for an engineering company, making maps in CAD and GIS.

Sort of. Aerial-wise I take the raw photography and someone else makes orthos...or maps...or whatever they do. I get coordinates and deliver product :)
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2010
    wendell wrote:
    The first image is nice and sharp with excellent composition.

Thanks! Not bad for a 36 year-old lens :)